Hi, you are you ?

So I have an eletro-accustic guitar and i've recently bouth a loop pedal (boss loop station RC1). The pedal is awesome to practice rhythmic stuff and for doing some guitar improvisation but I fail to see how I can just grab a song from youtube and do a loop version of it.

I mean how do people go from this to this ?
Where should i start in order to make a loop version of a song? should i start with the bass lines? Please help me out with this....

Thanks in advance,
,MistY,
Quote by misticone00
I mean how do people go from this to this ?
How can you not simply copy what the guy is doing in the second video?

Two tracks are much better, but even one is doable - you usually start with percussions, then bass lines, then guitars, then possibly funny sounds, and you sing on top of it.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by misticone00
Hi, you are you ?

I are fine, how are YOU?

Musty, Crusty, Dusty and Arnell
With looping (using a simple pedal) the first track is critical as it sets the length of the loop, and subsequent repeats; as you have probably found already.

This being the case I tend to do the rhythm guitar track first. You are less likely to get lost that way and know straight away if you hit the switch in the right place.

IIRC the more advanced BOSS loopers have rhythm generators and will adapt the initial stop record to tie in with the beat, if you get it a bit out. They can also talk to a midi sequencer to set timings. This also allows you to synchronise multiple loop pedals - almost impossible without as you otherwise have to hit the first loop spot on perfect on each pedal.

My assumption is the second video either uses one of the above timing controls or the chap has a backing track running in his ear to lay the first couple of loops. To "Drum" a complete verse and hit stop in the right place takes a lot of mental tune humming otherwise. Not that that isn't possible of course.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
Hummm, I guess I shouldn't have bougth the RC1 pedal (no rythm generators and no timing assistence) but it was the cheapest looping pedal.... I will work really hard to make nice loop versions of songs with it. Wish me luck
I think many of us have done the same as, without knowledge through use, the more exotic versions initially seem expensive and full of (seemingly) unimportant features.

I bought a Ditto Looper and, while I would love an RC3 or RC300, still can't bring myself to take the plunge.

The simple ones are ideal for practising and playing along with your self, where simplicity makes it a simple tool to do a simple job well.

If you want to lay down a small Concerto you may want to look at something with greater complexity.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
Quote by misticone00
Hummm, I guess I shouldn't have bougth the RC1 pedal (no rythm generators and no timing assistence) but it was the cheapest looping pedal.... I will work really hard to make nice loop versions of songs with it. Wish me luck

Imo, you got (one of) the right pedal, I dig the RC1. Just practice with it a bit, no need for timing assistance. Looping "skills" are developed just like anything else. You have everything necessary, just sit down and practice. You won't need a click track once you develop good timing and kicking the pedal at the perfect moment, which comes pretty quickly with practice.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by darkwolf291
The RC-2 is a decent looper with drums, and can be had for around $5

I'll take 10 at that price...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin