Alright...there's this way of acoustic playing that I've never known how to refer to it. It's that half mute and release/percussion-esque sound. I've referred to it as a few different things but am looking for a definitive name for it...if there is one. Just to narrow it down and make it easier to describe to someone.

Springsteen does it more than anyone else I've heard. Most of the songs on his album Devils and Dust are played in that style.


Any ideas?

Don't think it has one. Most styles of playing that don't fit in to a very specific genre don't have a name.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”