Hi there!

I'll be running an ad in my local music shop for a death metal drummer pretty soon, and I've already made my list of requirements. However, if you think I need to add anything, just let me know.

• Be able to play skank and blast beats
  • Must have a double bass pedal
  • Is able to tune their kit down to the tuning that corresponds with B standard (lowest tuning I play in)
  • Has stamina (they'll need it! )
  • Can play gravity basts like Flo Mounier
  • Can play in a variety of tempos (paticularly fast)

Thanks!
Last edited by supertom1 at Mar 30, 2015,
Flo Mounier isn't really known for gravity blasting, since from what i can recall he only used them in OWN. Change that up to hyperblast, since I think that's what you mean (the Suffo style blasts at 300 - 320 BPM). Good luck with that tho.

Nowadays blast beat and skank beats are pretty much a requirement for DM drumming, I'd look for creativity instead of just full on hammering, because if you're only interested in that you should go the drum machine/VST route. Addictive Drums and Superior Drummer 2.0 when programmed correctly can sound pretty decent at high speeds (with proper velocity settings).

Stamina is a requirement for every single drummer, so I think that'd be redundant. I hate drummers who have to do drum rolls every one/two beats after blast beats or heavy double bass, totally kills the momentum.

Although I never had a band if I was in your situation I'd also list some influences so you can filter out all the deathcore kiddies. But then again deathcore seems pretty dead but the truth is that there is somehow a fanbase and shitty new bands popping up all the time. Animosity had to break up too, ****ing assholes. Pretty much the only band that could pull off the DM with hardcore influences sound properly.

Sorry for the long unhelpful rant, but hey if you ever go the drumless route and use Guitar Pro and want someone to help you program drums decently hit me up, I might do it.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Last edited by Ometh at Mar 30, 2015,
i don't have any experience in this, but your ad makes you sound like an amateur. i don't imagine you'd get a ton of applicants from a local ad, so why not just describe the sort of music you want to do, and then conduct discussions on a case by case basis?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by supertom1
Hi there!

I'll be running an ad in my local music shop for a death metal drummer pretty soon, and I've already made my list of requirements. However, if you think I need to add anything, just let me know.

• Be able to play skank and blast beats
  • Must have a double bass pedal
  • Is able to tune their kit down to the tuning that corresponds with B standard (lowest tuning I play in)
  • Has stamina (they'll need it! )
  • Can play gravity basts like Flo Mounier
  • Can play in a variety of tempos (paticularly fast)

Thanks!

All of those points are redundant and make you sound like you've never met a drummer in your life

Be able to play skank and blast beats - He's enlisting for a death metal band, this is implied

Must have a double bass pedal - Implied, and also, a stupid requirement regardless

Is able to tune their kit down to the tuning that corresponds with B standard (lowest tuning I play in) - I've never heard of a drummer changing the tuning of their kit to match the guitar

Has stamina (they'll need it! ) - Implied

Can play gravity basts like Flo Mounier - wut

Can play in a variety of tempos (paticularly fast) - Why would a drummer ever limit himself to a small range of tempos?

Much better requirements:

- Influenced by bands like (Band A), (Band B), and (Band C)

- Willing to sacrifice (x) amount of time a week to band practice

- Willing to gig

- Has own transportation

- Of legal age to play at bars

These are just some examples.
Fender MIM Strat HSS (DiMarzio Crunch Lab)
Peavey 6505+ 112

If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear! Hit me up.
Quote by Ometh
Sorry for the long unhelpful rant, but hey if you ever go the drumless route and use Guitar Pro and want someone to help you program drums decently hit me up, I might do it.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I want to stick to collaborating with actual drummers atm due to my situation with reheasals and stuff. However, I won't rule it out entirely just yet
You were clear about what you wanted however I would take out a couple things. First of all having a drummer tune his kit to correspond with a guitar tuned 3 steps down makes no sense. Drums don't have different tunings you just tune the kit to personal preference.

I also wouldn't make the double bass a requirement. I have done some pretty cool stuff using a single bass with blast beats included. If anything sometimes we rely a little too much on the double bass. The point is man, you might miss out on a great drummer with one pedal but whatever floats your boat.
If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear,,,,, nice therad