Hey guys
Today I finally bought the yamaha thr10x that I've been wanting for a long time (got it from thomann).
Just to recheck some specs I went to the product page and looks like this is a V2 version.
I really felt some lack of high end when playing and now Im getting worried, watching videos of V2 does sound similar to my sound even though is not the same model.
Yamaha site only has information of V2 related to the standard THR10.

Am I getting paranoid here? Or can this be a thomann mistake?
If you don't like the amp you should return it. If you got the wrong amp (surely it's labeled?) you should return it. I'm not sure what other help we can give you.
Quote by Roc8995
If you don't like the amp you should return it. If you got the wrong amp (surely it's labeled?) you should return it. I'm not sure what other help we can give you.

My question if it actually exists a V2 firmware for the THR10X
Last edited by Nickbely at Mar 30, 2015,
Yamaha website says
All current THR models ship with the version 2 softwareinstaled

To check the version on your THR , boot the unit while pressing the "Tap" button and the version will display.
I can confirm the contrary though. @Roc, the above applies to the regular THR models. This is THRX. @OP, no, there does not exist a V2 for the THRX. The X, C, and A models were released AFTER the V2 regular 10 and 5, thus it could be said that their 1.0 is already the equivalent of 2.0. To check this if you don't believe me, turn the amp on while you're holding the tap/delay button. The version number will light up on the display. It should be 1.0.4H.

However, as an owner I can tell you (you can read my review on the site, it's the longest one, you won't miss it ) that the metal/plastic cabinet of the little thing has WAY too much bass, to the point where if you run it higher than ~6.8/7, I am officially obliged to count you out of your mind. Run the bass 1 or 2 points /10 less than what you usually would, and see if that helps. If not, I use the gain on Power 2 (the most gain there is, Lead Channel of the Powerball II is emulated with this) at about 6.5 for regular modern metal, as a reference. I can give you my settings if you want.

Apart from that, as @Roc said it could be a lemon, or maybe just not for you, although I can tell you that this is my second favourite amp of all time.
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Quote by 2Crosser
I can confirm the contrary though. @Roc, the above applies to the regular THR models. This is THRX. @OP, no, there does not exist a V2 for the THRX. The X, C, and A models were released AFTER the V2 regular 10 and 5, thus it could be said that their 1.0 is already the equivalent of 2.0. To check this if you don't believe me, turn the amp on while you're holding the tap/delay button. The version number will light up on the display. It should be 1.0.4H.

However, as an owner I can tell you (you can read my review on the site, it's the longest one, you won't miss it ) that the metal/plastic cabinet of the little thing has WAY too much bass, to the point where if you run it higher than ~6.8/7, I am officially obliged to count you out of your mind. Run the bass 1 or 2 points /10 less than what you usually would, and see if that helps. If not, I use the gain on Power 2 (the most gain there is, Lead Channel of the Powerball II is emulated with this) at about 6.5 for regular modern metal, as a reference. I can give you my settings if you want.

Apart from that, as @Roc said it could be a lemon, or maybe just not for you, although I can tell you that this is my second favourite amp of all time.

Yes thats the version that appears, well I guess its thomanns mistake.
Thanks for the tips! If you could give me your settings that would be awesome!
Don't get me wrong I really like the sound of the amp, but sometimes I would enjoy having a more bite like sound that I (yet) failled to achieve.
^well, Yamaha may claim that it's an ‘exact copy of high gain stacks on your desktop', but it's still a 10 watt practice amp with two 2 inch drivers. Getting the amp to ‘bite' as such is pretty damn difficult, at least compared to a real cranked tube stack.

Now, to the better question at hand: do you want me to literally type out the presets I have so far made, or would you like me to try and upload my .ydl library file (my presets would be at the end)? If you want all of my presets, including clean and old school crunch sounds, the latter would be easier. However, if you want only say ‘metal' presets or somehow categorised, typing it out would take less time for both you (to dial in) and I.

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by 2Crosser
^well, Yamaha may claim that it's an ‘exact copy of high gain stacks on your desktop', but it's still a 10 watt practice amp with two 2 inch drivers. Getting the amp to ‘bite' as such is pretty damn difficult, at least compared to a real cranked tube stack.

Now, to the better question at hand: do you want me to literally type out the presets I have so far made, or would you like me to try and upload my .ydl library file (my presets would be at the end)? If you want all of my presets, including clean and old school crunch sounds, the latter would be easier. However, if you want only say ‘metal' presets or somehow categorised, typing it out would take less time for both you (to dial in) and I.

I would really appreciate if you could upload the .ydl file if that's not very time consuming for you...
I made an account and uploaded it to 2shared, if you don't mind. So far, I received no spam from them, which is good, and the account is really easy to make in a minute or so. I hope you don't mind creating an account there, tell me if you do.

Here are my presets.

EDIT: my presets are numbered 24 through and including 34.

I trust you can figure out what presets are used for what. A word of advice for the future: always create presets with your PC. Just so many more options. If you want to save a patch you have created on the PC onto one of the 5 preset slots, it is literally no different than saving a patch you created without the PC: select the patch in the THR Editor and hold down one of the numbered buttons.

Hope you have fun!

Quote by Offworld92
Last edited by 2Crosser at Apr 4, 2015,
Thank you so much, I'll try them later today and give you my thoughts. I really appreciate your help seriously, you're the man! And thanks for the tips as well!