Indiana makes it legal for businesses to discriminate against LGBT people.

Page 1 of 9
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/30/connecticut-indiana-boycott-lgbt_n_6969684.html

So pretty much the Governor of Indiana signed a law that would allow businesses to turn away gay customers as long as they site their religious beliefs in the process. Basically this is like the Arizona law that would do the same last year except this time it wasn't vetoed by the governor.

Since then shit has pretty much hit the fan with several businesses all boycotting and pulling out of Indiana. Seattle, San Francisco and the state of Connecticut have also responded by cutting off all state funded travel to Indiana.

So yeah, everyone is extremely pissed off at Indiana right now and are comparing this to a return of legal segregation in America.
#murica
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Paying taxes is against my religion. Where's my protection?
Check out my band Disturbed
Indiana is the butthole of the midwest and this is not surprising in the slightest

At least it's not Ohio I guess
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
^Success!

Quote by StewieSwan
Paying taxes is against my religion. Where's my protection?

No protections for you. Only businesses have rights.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
where you at knope
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Yes, the moral thing to do here is to force people to do business with or for other people against their will. That is truly the superior moral stance. Precedent already set.

This is dumb because it's just about signaling what side of the "culture wars" you're on. Next to nothing of impact will happen because of this law or without because the cultural/political climate is what it is.
Surprised we just got a thread on this. This happened like a week ago, yeah?
Quote by seanlang01
Yes, the moral thing to do here is to force people to do business with or for other people against their will. That is truly the superior moral stance. Precedent already set.

This is dumb because it's just about signaling what side of the "culture wars" you're on. Next to nothing of impact will happen because of this law or without because the cultural/political climate is what it is.

So business owners should be allowed to kick black people out of their establishments right?
Forcing people to serve and associate with one another is:

A. Freedom and Liberty

or:

B. Not Freedom and Liberty

The Sodomites only like giving their money and support to their own anyway. They discriminate in their choices everyday, just like every other group.
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
that guy is just the worst user. he gets off on being contrarion
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by TheChaz
So business owners should be allowed to kick black people out of their establishments right?
Black people just have darker skin, gay people go against christian belief and nature. I'll say it again being gay is a lifestyle choice, your not born gay.
Quote by seanlang01

But it is the right thing to do? Especially considering places you could extend identical logic?

It's not just about signaling what side of a "war" you're on lol, what a reductive and simplistic way to look at such a real and human issue. It's about what it means that it's still completely legal to shove someone away based on something so laughably trivial. And obviously a sign of backpedaling away from what people have been working so long and hard towards back into clearly legal discrimination, as well as demonstrating the absurdity our notion of freedom brings.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by ErikLensherr

Either you want freedom or you don't, America. Just like feminists you can't have your cake and eat it too.
Quote by Wormholes
Either you want freedom or you don't, America. Just like feminists you can't have your cake and eat it too.

You're better than this.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Why can't I have a cake and eat it, how would i eat a cake I don't have
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by Sliide90027
Forcing people to serve and associate with one another is:

A. Freedom and Liberty

or:

B. Not Freedom and Liberty

The Sodomites only like giving their money and support to their own anyway. They discriminate in their choices everyday, just like every other group.

So if I don't like blacks can I kick them out of my restaurant and only serve white people?
Quote by TheChaz
Yeah. They shouldn't, but it shouldn't be a crime. It's not that difficult or radical of a concept.
Quote by hurricane0202
Black people just have darker skin, gay people go against christian belief and nature. I'll say it again being gay is a lifestyle choice, your not born gay.

When did you choose to be straight?
Quote by hurricane0202

So if serving blacks goes against my religion I can legally discriminate against them?
Quote by WaterGod
So if I don't like blacks can I kick them out of my restaurant and only serve white people?

No but the government can't force you to serve blacks when it's against your beliefs.

Get it?

This whole thing is really just silly semantics and legalese and, as Sean Lang, pointed out wont actually make any difference except just clog up the courts and give more fire to "culture wars."

That said, if you think its ok to treat gay people any differently, go die in a barn fire.
Oh so being gay is only okay because they don't choose to be? So being black is okay just because they didn't choose to be?

So why do I have to be nice to people who want to rip their dicks off? They were born with one sexual organ and chose another.
Quote by seanlang01
Yeah. They shouldn't, but it shouldn't be a crime. It's not that difficult or radical of a concept.

Yeah except we did that for years and look how that turned out.
Quote by seanlang01

Why is that? In what scenario is it better to allow black people to be screamed at for wanting a smoothie than to force people to deal with their own completely ridiculous problems that they shouldn't even have? How does that legally become an issue of black/gay/whatever people? How is giving people the freedom to persecute more important than people having the freedom to exist? Like for real give me an example where that works out better for everyone and doesn't just allow garbage to happen to people.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
I've never understood the 'choice' argument. Even if it were true, what difference does that make to how you treat people?
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse
I've never understood the 'choice' argument. Even if it were true, what difference does that make to how you treat people?

Right? Religion is a choice, but you won't see Christians getting all up in arms about how it should be legal to discriminate against them for their religion. Shit, they are the most powerful majority in the USA and they still cry about persecution.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by steve_muse

Because you choose to be gay, nobody chooses to be straight.

And God destroyed Sodom & Gommorrah for allowing that sin to happen. Even Lot's wife was not safe because she looked backwards at the burning city.
I was just in Indiana this weekend and got sick as hell while I was there. After hearing this, I think I will probably hate Indiana with a passion for life.
Quote by Rossenrot
Anyone should be able to refuse service to anyone else for any reason they want.

But that would be freedom. Americans don't want that.

Oh wait.
they should really make it a law to only serve blue milk. That would really put Indiana on the map.

Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by Rossenrot
Anyone should be able to refuse service to anyone else for any reason they want.

Is anyone going to even hint at why or are we going to keep saying short huge sentences along with "people should be able to (do horrible things that shouldn't exist)" and then finish it off with "it's that simple" when it's clearly not?
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16