The U.S. will NEVER have another Republican President EVER again - True or False?

Page 1 of 4
In my opinion, there never will be another. It is really unbelievable how fvcked the Repubs are.

EVERYWHERE within politics this sentiment is being stated by many. Hell, even a lot of Republicans are openly speaking about what a disaster their party is.

Yet they can't seem to figure out just WHY they keep losing. The Republican party has been completely hijacked by the radical far right, and they are causing it's death. At this point it's just laughable how archaic and out of touch this party's ideals are in 2015. This isn't the fvcking 1950s anymore, these views are completely unacceptable.

And THATS not even getting into the RECORD numbers of new latino, black, female, poor, and middle class voters. And just young voters in general, which ALL heavily swing in favor of Democrats.

And the numbers keep going UP over time.

Simply, I think there isn't a chance in hell of there EVER being a Republican President EVER again.

Do you think they will be?
i think you need a little perspective on how small your frame of reference is

The parties constantly switch at the national level

or a new Republican party will emerge. you know, like how the current one wasn't always there

I know this is pretty crazy stuff but stay with me
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Mar 31, 2015,
I believe the next president will be a republican
Check out my band Disturbed
Yawn politics boo
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
I don't think the U.S will have another president.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I think we might end up with a Republican due to foreign policy since the world has basically melted down under Obama's watch. What with Putin in Russia doing Soviet style shit, ISIL, The WWI style alliances forming in the Middle East, etc. Should have never gotten involved Iraq, took out Saddam and created that power vacuum. Also the smarter members of the Republican party have been becoming more libertarian and it seems that the Evangelical presence might finally be at its end.
Quote by Charles Ives
Stand up and take your dissonance like a man. I don't write music for sissy ears.

Quote by Béla Bartók
Competitions are for horses, not artists.

Ambient Symphonic Depressive Southern Melodic Blackened Death/Doom Metal
You sound like me when I was fourteen.

I was smart when I was fourteen, but good lord was I unwise.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by EntropicDiscord
I think we might end up with a Republican due to foreign policy since the world has basically melted down under Obama's watch. What with Putin in Russia doing Soviet style shit, ISIL, The WWI style alliances forming in the Middle East, etc. Should have never gotten involved Iraq, took out Saddam and created that power vacuum. Also the smarter members of the Republican party have been becoming more libertarian and it seems that the Evangelical presence might finally be at its end.

"libertarian" in the modern American sense is anything but intelligent.
No party loses elections. Parties fail to win them.

Republicans are self destructing in some ways, but there are a lot of idiots who support them and democrats have failed to step up and capitalize on republican failures.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
No party loses elections. Parties fail to win them.

Republicans are self destructing in some ways, but there are a lot of idiots who support them and democrats have failed to step up and capitalize on republican failures.

that's the weird thing. the republican party has just gotten weird. like it is so centered on Jesus but basically disapproves of everything Jesus was about. Democrats in to more Jesus things but very secular.

Republicans have a very vocal party and support even though they haven't had the best time recently. Democrats have a lot of young people who would vote for them but basically sit on their hands and do nothing.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Amuro Jay
#kingobama #infinitymoreyears
That's emperor Obama to you.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Politics is cyclical. It's a cycle of centre left and centre right party having their chance to run things, ****ing up, and then the next party being given a chance. It's going to be like this for a while.
True or false - I don't fucking know, the pit doesn't have a functioning time machine that allows us to find out when The United States ceases to exist and we then go back in time from that point by one day and check the record of presidents of the United States of America.

OT: you could use TS's point and apply it to so many political parties and people like him would think this. If you want to see incompetents in politics, you've got to see Australian politics, nothing but petty personal attacks, lying and bad decisions there.
republicans and democrats are the same thing
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
At this point I'd give it a 55/45 that the next US President is from the GOP, so likely false.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
democrips and rebloodlicans tbh

the only thing is we MIGHT (eww i hate capitalizing like this) not have another that openly detests gay marriage. not much else has changed in the big picture
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at Mar 31, 2015,
I remember when I used to be like OP. Gosh I must've been annoying.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by DukeDeRox
There used to be shitty stubborn Southern Dems. Things change over time.

Exactly, those shitty stubborn Southern Dems, became shitty stubborn Southern Republicans.

Both parties are just products for sale. When they realize one product isn't selling anymore, they change things until they find one that does.
Quote by Burgery
republicans and democrats are the same thing

O to be 15 again
Check out my band Disturbed
The current/older/middle-aged generation is still pretty conservative generally speaking, so I could see there being a few more republican presidents until the current younger generation becomes the older generation.
¯\_()_/¯
At some point in the future you are right, but the same is true for Democratic presidents.

When was the last time we had a Tori or a Whig?

I feel that both parties are losing relevance and we are entering (or are smack in the middle of) a time when essentially nothing happens because everyone is playing to a fictional "majority," like a storm front predicted to come in next Tuesday (a week from now, it's Tuesday for future readers..) The storm may well come in, but it may be 75 degrees and sunny. Either way the reality and the prediction will never be the same, and in truth politicians don't represent anyone.

Continuing with the weather analogy, the Republicans predict that the weather is going to be an F-5+ tornado, and we'd all better buy a $350,000 storm shelter and a healthy homeowners' insurance policy, which is great for the storm shelter company and the insurance company. The Democrats say we should all get together and have a kegger, and several bottles of white and red wine for those who do not like beer, and if we have a big enough party the heat from the group will disrupt the weather pattern enough that it will dissipate.

A bunch of crap!

So what will happen? Slowly people lose faith in both sides and a new representation of the emerging polarizations will emerge also. What will it be called? What form will it take?

It will most likely be more efficient (as opposed to attempting to represent a virtual "group" of "people" who may experience XYZ at some point in the future) and better utilize the existing digital technologies, namely social media vs traditional media.

On that note, Democrats and Republicans thrived during the height of the TV era when, as my 60 year-old buddy pointed out, was a time everyone, I mean everyone sat and watched Walter Cronkite on the CBS news.

When everyone had a TV tube sitting in the living room and Mom and Dad, the kids and Grandma sat around and watched "the news" the Democrats and Republicans played very well, and diced up the viewing population according to their opinions of that news.

Nobody watches the news anymore, frankly. I don't.

Today's anchors and increasingly revealed as frauds desperate to regain or retain their grip on a literally dying population, my parents. My parents watch the news. God love them they have 15 years left on the planet if they eat their Wheaties..

Both major parties have failed and failed and failed again to relate to us. Obama was the best shot either party had in a long time, but he was..

A) Black, and I'm sorry but that had a lot to do with the excitement (a black President, WOW!)
B) Extremely charismatic and uniquely positioned to generate interest

Obama was not unlike Kennedy, or in a certain sense Hitler, in being a master of one-liners, a crowd pleaser, basically a celebrity-President. People have reasoned their way into Democracy, but we like a King, we are fascinated, carried away by Royalty, and Obama, Kennedy, figures like that give us an emotional connection. Hitler did that, too. It has nothing to do with politics, it has everything to do with relating to us as a social, story-telling species.

We like to be led. We like a strong, confident, charismatic leader. We cheer and applaud and gain confidence in ourselves when we feel we have someone in charge who fits that profile, who fulfills that natural place in the social hierarchy we are accustomed to.

Many in the nascent US did not want a President, it was thought to be too much like a King, too much potential for tyranny, etc. They were right!

At the same time a national counsel or committee just lacks BALLS. It lacks fire, and who cares? A country without a strong leader withers and dies of boredom.

I believe if Obama happened to be a Republican we would have a Republican President right now, and I probably would have voted for him.

If you had a figure (not likely) meeting those rare and unique qualities of a mythical, powerful "Julius Caeser" type role then it matters little what party they belong to.

Republicans won the Congress in 2014 because, I think, the semi-rich started getting richer again. The upper-upper middle class who buy stocks and invest in housing and so forth saw their IRA's growing again and they thought, "WHOA! Hold on a minute! I want to keep as much of this in my pocket as I can!"

It was driven by economics. Sure there are people who believe in the social nonsense of the Republican party, much of which is clearly misguided and on the wrong side of history..

Gay marriage is coming.

It's coming, it's right, everyone knows it, and only a tiny fraction of Americans actually give a shit (and a whole heap go to church with people who give a shit and basically go along with it for social reasons - they're sheep!)

In the next fifty years two new parties will emerge, OR the existing party names will simply be applied to parties which bear practically no resemblance to the parties of today.

Lest we forget Abraham Lincoln was a "Republican," and at the time they were the liberal party, anti-slavery - and again mostly for economic and political versus moral reasons.

In Lincoln's time the passionate abolitionists were whipped into fury by the Republicans for the sake of winning power. Did Lincoln care? Really?

Slaves were pieces on a chess board. Their freedom was a way to undercut the economy of the non-industrialized South who relied on human machines to produce their commodities.

Today we have a name for that: John Deere.

Note fossil fuels did not follow far behind abolition.. replacing one energy source with another more efficient one.
Last edited by Enteroctopus at Mar 31, 2015,
Quote by CaptainCanti
The current/older/middle-aged generation is still pretty conservative generally speaking, so I could see there being a few more republican presidents until the current younger generation becomes the older generation.

you forgot about young republicans, which might be worse than their parents/grandparents.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
you forgot about young republicans, which might be worse than their parents/grandparents.

I try to avoid acknowledging them because it just hurts
¯\_()_/¯
Page 1 of 4