I guess I will carry my Fender CD-140s (western acoustic) for a few times around in the future, so I'm up to buy a gigbag softcase for it. I picked these two for consideration: Rockbag Student Line and Cort CG38 .

My expectations are simple: padded, long-wearing and rain resistant.

On paper I guess both will do, but the Cort looks a bit more serious and the Rockbag is made from some waterproof "RokTex" material, which might suit better (it looks a bit creased tho').

Both are around the same price, so what would you suggest out of the two?

Thanks!
Neither of those offer any real protection at all. What is your budget and well see if we can find a better case.

This bag has 2x the padding than the rockbag you found and it's cheaper
www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_gigbag_classic_deluxe.htm
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Mar 31, 2015,
Quote by Robbgnarly
Neither of those offer any real protection at all. What is your budget and well see if we can find a better case.

This bag has 2x the padding than the rockbag you found and it's cheaper
www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_gigbag_classic_deluxe.htm

The maximum limit would be 24€, I have to buy a few other things as well for the guitar so I have to stay low-budget on this, but neighter want to buy some crap. The bag you posted looks good for it's price, but I guess I will have to stick to the supply of my countrys inland webshops: 1. I don't have such a bank-card with I could pre-pay online 2. the shipping cost would rise the price fairly if I would order from a foreign shop.

Done a search on this bag, but couldn't find in any of the inland webshops.

What about this one: Bespeco bag110ag ??? It has some thicker (15mm) padding. Tho' it's not listed that it's water resistant...

(I only link foreign shop links for the sake of easier understanding , but will rent from an inland one...)
Last edited by High9ter at Mar 31, 2015,
That bag would be better.

Does it rain a lot in your country? if it doesn't I would not worry too much if it is water resistant. You can buy spray cans that will water-proof material for pretty cheap if it is a big concern for you. I have used it on backpacks before and had pretty good results
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate