MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
for the price it is a decent amp.

Seems to have better reliability than any other Bugera amp

What is your budget and location?

£400 inc some pedals and I'm in the UK.

Thanks.
This is a killer deal, but you will have to wait for pedals
www.andertons.co.uk/combo-amps/pid13318/cid691/orange-tiny-terror-157-watt-combo-all-valve-guitar-amplifier.asp

They will probably sell-out quick and it would be worth holding off on pedals for just a bit to get it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
the V22 is an ok amp but nothing special tonewise. build quality is suspect (but as metnioned this amp seems bette than some of their other models).

what type of blues tone are you looking for?
Quote by monwobobbo
the V22 is an ok amp but nothing special tonewise.
It sounds pretty damn good for the price you find it around if ya ask me.

I'd get one, but for no more than £300, and even that would be a bit of a stretch.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
It sounds pretty damn good for the price you find it around if ya ask me.

I'd get one, but for no more than £300, and even that would be a bit of a stretch.

i'd go for a Valveking over the V22 anyday. i understand that in europe that isn't as cheap. played through one the first day that GC got them in (one of their sales people actually asked me to do it). not a bad amp as i said just that there are better sounding amps out there (for a similar price in the US).
Thomanns are cheap for Bugera but budget for a re valve. The Bugera valves aren't nice.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
i got one for 200 bucks

not bad

but nowafays on the used theres much better
mine never broke down on me or anyhting
cept for a tube going but its a tube amp thats bound to happen eventually
+1 to the orange terror series.

the V22 is the only bugera i haven't heard of problems with. yet again they are pretty simple amps, so not much to go wrong. i would go with the orange terror though. i have the dual and it can get a nice array of tones, really nice with an DD as well.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Is this an askhole thread where it turns into I don't want to listen to you guys, I'm seeking confirmation instead of answers"

OT: The Terror is really nice and solid, the Dark Terror surprisingly is also good for blues IMO, but more expensive. Can't comment on the Bugera as I've not tried those yet. However the word is they're build better than the highgain bugera amps. But the fact Bugera is attached to Behringer is putting me off owning a Bugera. Despite hearing good things about their bass amps.

Nobody where I am stocks them. I think they went the Jet City route of direct distribution but I have no confirmation on that.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Apr 1, 2015,
Quote by Fisheth24
Is this an askhole thread where it turns into I don't want to listen to you guys, I'm seeking confirmation instead of answers"

OT: The Terror is really nice and solid, the Dark Terror surprisingly is also good for blues IMO, but more expensive. Can't comment on the Bugera as I've not tried those yet. However the word is they're build better than the highgain bugera amps. But the fact Bugera is attached to Behringer is putting me off owning a Bugera. Despite hearing good things about their bass amps.

Nobody where I am stocks them. I think they went the Jet City route of direct distribution but I have no confirmation on that.

we have way to many of those around here .

OP i would strongly suggest looking into the tiny terror. it is really nice for mid-gain blues tones, and with a pedal, believe it or not it can get somewhat heavy. i think it would be better to grow with and it wouldn't leave you wanting.

the 1974x clones are really nice. i built one myself and love it. its probably the best blues amp i have ever tried. although i put a post phase inverter master volume in (PPIMV) in mine so it quiets it down a little bit, and its switchable so it doesn't impede as well.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
we have way to many of those around here .

OP i would strongly suggest looking into the tiny terror. it is really nice for mid-gain blues tones, and with a pedal, believe it or not it can get somewhat heavy. i think it would be better to grow with and it wouldn't leave you wanting.

the 1974x clones are really nice. i built one myself and love it. its probably the best blues amp i have ever tried. although i put a post phase inverter master volume in (PPIMV) in mine so it quiets it down a little bit, and its switchable so it doesn't impede as well.

TT has been mentioned a lot lately. I'll give that a look into.

Thanks.
Quote by GrittyBlues
TT has been mentioned a lot lately. I'll give that a look into.

Thanks.

it is worth mentioning that you don't get loud pristine cleans if that is important to you, they have a little dirt on them, but i like that for bluesy type stuff.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
it is worth mentioning that you don't get loud pristine cleans if that is important to you, they have a little dirt on them, but i like that for bluesy type stuff.

yes because he said Blues blues/rock was his main concern I figured it would be great for that
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
yes because he said Blues blues/rock was his main concern I figured it would be great for that

yup
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
i loved that darn amp. probably one of the best buys i ever made. cheap, and it really did sound good for what it was. REALLY good? no. but it was good. and frankly, it was more reliable than the engater and Carvin i have after it, both are easily 2x its price. i have heard that the V series line from bugera is WAY more reliable than the rest.

yes, it is made of budget parts. no doubt about it. particle board chassis, etc etc. but in all honesty it held up well. i even put it in very harsh conditions, leaving in extreme heat, etc. would i gig with it? hmm. yes. long term? probably not. it would hold, but not as good as a fender or something.

i would highly recommend a tube change, and DEFINITELY a 5751 in v1 preamp tube position. get them stock tubes out. if you really want to take it a notch up, swap the speaker. but for 15 bucks, a 5751 will work wonders.

good little budget amp. i enjoyed it. sold it to a guy for like 200 bucks used, im sure hes still enjoying it. positive experience.

...i like my egnater tweaker. let me put it this way. i have zero feeling in selling it. okay. yeah i owned it. sure. tonally better than the bugera? probably a notch or two up yes. but how positive was my experience with it? meh. price? about 2x more.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
early V22's did have a couple of issues one with the reverb and one with channel switching. supposedly both issues have been taken care of. just thought i'd mention that.