I have a simple set of pedals in a chain.
Delay - Chorus - Ditto Looper
The chorus and the ditto have true-bypass, the Delay doesn't.
They are on a wooden board with Velcro and all powered by a single power unit with multiple heads.
All works nicely at home:
electro-acoustic guitar -> delay -> chorus -> ditto -> vocal live pedal -> mixer -> amp

I go to a gig and take almost everything:
electro-acoustic guitar -> delay -> chorus -> ditto -> powered-mixer

But now the delay works, the ditto works ( but pops loudly when I engage it ) and chorus pops loudly and goes dead when I engage it ( led on, but no guitar sound at all )

I take it all home, plug in - ( with or without vocal live pedal ) - everything works perfectly again - no pops - chorus works.

WTF!!!
Why?

Obviously since the guitar signal is fine when the chorus is off ( true bypass working as it should ) then all the cables are okay and not dodgy. So why does the chorus pedal go silent when engaged - I did check the volume control on it - and only when I'm at the gig ( sods law aside ).
Dodgy power at the venue?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
maybe it's when you bring your pedals back and forth that you jerk something around.

Can you try a new connector for your chorus pedal? If you have a spare one from your daisy chain give it a try. Or otherwise get the power connector from another pedal and switch it with the chorus. you might only have confirmation next gig but if the same thing happens with the other pedal, you'll know it's your power supply. If it keeps happening with the chorus, you'll know it's the chorus.

Alternatively, you can invest a few dollars in D batteries and see if the problem keeps happening.

For now, when you have a lot of time, I'd say take your pedals off your board, switch the power connectors around, switch your pedals on/off ac ouple dozens times, switch the connectors some more, repeat until you reproduce the problem.

EDIT: Just noticed the pony thing. Good job, UG!
EDIT2: A gig seems to be a quantum exponential gravity trap for murphy's law events. I wouldn't take for granted that the problem is directly related to gigs and/or the venue. How many times has it happened so far?
Last edited by flexiblemile at Apr 1, 2015,
Quote by flexiblemile

Alternatively, you can invest a few dollars in D batteries and see if the problem keeps happening.

I've not seen a lot of (any) pedals powered by D batteries?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin