Well I made a few partscasters while I lived in the Seattle area. I left there in 2002 to Saudi Arabia for work and brought my guitars with me. After 6 months there the environment got to dangerous for a civilian contractor so I left in a hurry entrusting my 3 partscasters to a friend. He left about a month later for similar reasons. I moved on to China he went to Nigeria we lost touch. I got news he like myself was back in the states and he told me he had one of the partscasters still would I like to get it back. So now after 12 years it is back with me. the guitar has been to Nigeria and Bulgaria.

My daughter and me agreed on the name NarWail for it. She has a silly poem she likes about Narwhals and thought it would fit this guitar since the neck looks so long.

A bit about it the guitar. It is a Warmoth partcaster. A Jazzmaster body with an explorer neck. The pickups are Brian May signature pickups. (not available anymore) Body is figured soft maple and the neck is unfinished Padouk with an ebony fingerboard. It is used for everything but the bass. More pics are available in the previous post here.

Well here is my first recording with it.
https://soundcloud.com/dresden-conspiracy/narwail

Wow man that's a fascinating backstory.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Cool story bro.

And I really mean it. Must feel nice to be reunited with an old friend. Both the guitar and the friend of yours that is.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Mar 31, 2015,
I think it would look sick if the pickguard/headstock and body colors were switched but it looks nice as is. Would also look better if the knob and switches were wood too. I love all wood guitars.
Quote by Wormholes
I think it would look sick if the pickguard/headstock and body colors were switched but it looks nice as is. Would also look better if the knob and switches were wood too. I love all wood guitars.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I can still do that for the knobs the switches well they have to pretty much stay as is. The switches are on off on and each of the ons are opposite phases so it has quite a few options. The controls are volume and tone. the tone is a mid cut boost tone.

Cool story bro.

And I really mean it. Must feel nice to be reunited with an old friend. Both the guitar and the friend of yours that is.

It is nice to get together with the guitar. Terry is now in Tennessee I am in PA so but great to be in touch. My daughter was born after I had to let go of the guitar.

Off to look for wood knobs.
Nice axe, better story!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
That's like being reunited with a long lost friend.

Awesome backstory. Great looking guitar also!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
that's a beautiful guitar and im glad your friend was trustworthy enough to take care of it for so long and to see it back to you!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

nice story. good to have an old guitar back.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
That's a great story and a really nice guitar!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
excellent
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's a really sweet story man and an even cooler guitar.

HOGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.