What does it take to build a great guitar? Carefully selected materials, thoughtful design, skilled craftsmanship, and the Tone Tank has got them all!
The body is made of a single slab of cherry wood, with a thickness between 4.5 and 8 cm, it weighs over 8 kg (18 pounds, not counting the neck and the pickups), so, as you can imagine, the guitar does sustain for days! The cracks and the woodworm holes provide natural tone chambers, giving that semi-hollow liveliness but, due to the weight, without any feedback. Of course I've left it unfinished, that's the only way to preserve the exceptional qualities of the tonewood (so yes, it can also be used as a 100% atoxic cutting board).
Needless to say, the Tank can also take care of your personal safety.
The only drawback of the design is that the Tank is a little bit bottom heavy when played sitting down, I think I should hang another guitar on its headstock as a ballast, it should come handy in case I need lighter tones, though I'm not sure and open to suggestions on this issue.
The position of the switches ensures military-grade reliability.
How does it sound? Fantastic, each note feels like a thunder, and each chord like a bombardment, and the acoustic sound is so powerful that it makes the other guitars in my bedroom resonate together in an incredible tone eargasm.
Sorry for the quality of the photos, they really don't give the guitar justice!

that guitar is like falling in love with a stripper
Silmeria
Valkyrie
modded Squier Strats
Holy shit. That's some serious flame on the back!

It really has that RIJDCLTY vibe that Devries perfected in their custom shop.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 1, 2015,
hahahaha
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmmmmmm!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

And I thought my RD was heavy. This is so awful I'll take like 5.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Holy shit. That's some serious flame on the back!

It really has that RIJDCLTY vibe that Devries perfected in their custom shop.

I appreciate creativity so I'm an admirer of Devries..though creativity is like a penis, it can give life, or it can make you pee, I think the Tank and the Devries customs belong more to the latter category

Joking aside, I just needed to learn to use the router and that slab of scrap wood seemed perfect, I've decided to complete the guitar to try out the pickups that I've purchased for another build, and because I was curious to try out how that thing sounded like.
Using this thing as an april fools joke was an afterthought.
Actually it sounded quite normal, acoustically slightly fuller than my other all-maple guitar especially on the unwound strings, also sustain didn''t seem to benefit very much from the weight.
I've dismantled it after taking the photos, the body is doomed to become firewood

Silmeria
Valkyrie
modded Squier Strats
Quote by gregs1020
i feel like all trees are taking a moment of silence here.

sadly I had to cut it down, it was dying

Silmeria
Valkyrie
modded Squier Strats
I'd give myself so many splinters playing that thing...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
R.I.P. tree.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by OroborosYinYang
Damn shame, that was some gorgeous cherry.

I've got two other slabs but they cracked too a couple of days after I've sawn them, though not as much as this one, and after the seasoning they can only get worse

Silmeria
Valkyrie
modded Squier Strats
lol that neck joint

video or gtfo
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pete Townsend it.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by GraceByDeath

Well said Archer.

actually it didn't have strap buttons and it could be played only sitting down, so it was unhealthy just for my right leg that started to feel numb after a while

Quote by Pastafarian96
Pete Townsend it.

Smash it on stage? I think I'd destroy my bedroom well before I could damage that body

Quote by Acϵ♠
lol that neck joint
video or gtfo

Thanks for noticing the joint, it wasn't very easy to nail the right thickness with a chainsaw.
Sorry for the video, the Tone Tank is no more...

Silmeria
Valkyrie
modded Squier Strats
The tone tank died?? How sad. I think you should slap some cheap parts in it and use it as outdoor decoration for your house or business.=D
Gay
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
Gay

You picked a weird spot to come out, if that's what this is.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
D:

This freak of nature will surely be remembered.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee