Hey guys! (note: I'm quite new here)

I own a Peavey 6505 Head amp.
So there is this guy who sells his TC Electronics G - System 40% off the usual market price of €1000,- and so I asked a user of the G - System if he would reccomend it. It turned out that my 6505 is not compatible to MIDI devices - it has no special MIDI in/outputs. I also called the local music store, hoping, that there could be a possibilty to still use the G - System on my amp. The guy there told me, that it would be enough for my amp to feature send and return jacks.

So is there anyone who has any experiences with these two products, especially when it comes down to combining them?
Thanks in advance for your anwers!

Simeon

PS: Here is a link to what the back panel of my amp looks like: http://www.nantelmusique.ca/repository/product/HiRes/PV-575660-2.jpg
Why would you care if your amp works with MIDI?

The TC Electronics G system is an outstanding Multi-FX system that will work with any amp back through the dawn of time. Including that lump of feldercarb 6505. And it will work with it just fine.

A LOT of Multi-FX systems (including Pods) will work with MIDI, pass MIDI through, etc., yada yada, but if your amp doesn't have anything specific on it that can be triggered with MIDI, that simply means that the G-system will work like any other Multi-FX system with your amp.

I've had G-Systems for years, and it's worked with everything from dinosaur '60's amps on forward. If you happened to have some MIDI-capable goodies on the 6505, you could set up the system to trigger a channel change, etc, but since you don't, it works perfectly normally with your amp.
Quote by dspellman

The TC Electronics G system is an outstanding Multi-FX system that will work with any amp back through the dawn of time. Including that lump of feldercarb 6505. And it will work with it just fine.

A LOT of Multi-FX systems (including Pods) will work with MIDI, pass MIDI through, etc., yada yada, but if your amp doesn't have anything specific on it that can be triggered with MIDI, that simply means that the G-system will work like any other Multi-FX system with your amp.

I've had G-Systems for years, and it's worked with everything from dinosaur '60's amps on forward. If you happened to have some MIDI-capable goodies on the 6505, you could set up the system to trigger a channel change, etc, but since you don't, it works perfectly normally with your amp.

+1 ( minus the 'feldercarb' crack, which shows both your advanced age and good taste in schlock TV Science Fiction.)
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by dspellman

I've had a talk with a owner and he told me that the MIDI - switch would be mainly important for the duration the signal needs from the guitar through the G - System to the amp and out through the box. So he has connected the hardware that contains the presets and effects with a short cable to the amplifier and uses the G - Systems control panel just to switch through the different presets using binary signals which requires less time. Would this background information make my initial doubts traceable?

Anyway a big THANK YOU for your comment! (:

PS: Why would you consider the 6505 as bullshit? I think it's a quite powerful amp!