I brought a second hand Blues deluxe which i really like but the previous owner had put new tubes in it which to my knowledge have made the amp a lot louder. Giving I mostly use it for practice and rehearsal is there any tubes (or other mods) that will allow the amp to breakup at a lower volume and generally quieten the amp?
Thanks in advance
The Blues Deluxe has separate master and volume knobs right? Turn up the volume and turn down the master?

Or just use the drive channel with the gain knob low, drive volume high and master volume low?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
That's already a loud amp; I doubt that the previous owner did a lot to it to modify that. If he did, you'll want to get a handle on exactly what he did before moving forward.

I do have one modification (this is more for your own general knowledge than as a suggestion for better tone, however) that you should be aware of. You can actually buy "Yellow Jackets" that allow you to substitute EL84 tubes for the 6L6s that currently power the amp. They're simply converters, originally invented by THD Electronics (these are the folks that make THD Hot Plate Attenuators, etc.). THD sold off the manufacturing rights a few years back, and now they're available exclusively through this company http://www.yellowjacketstc.com/

Essentially, it will drop your amp from 40W to about 15W and substitute the distinctive sound of the EL84 for the 6L6s. Converting back is just a matter of unplugging the yellow jacket converters (with the EL84 tubes) and putting your original 6L6s back in. No re-biasing required.
Quote by dspellman
That's already a loud amp; I doubt that the previous owner did a lot to it to modify that. If he did, you'll want to get a handle on exactly what he did before moving forward.

I do have one modification (this is more for your own general knowledge than as a suggestion for better tone, however) that you should be aware of. You can actually buy "Yellow Jackets" that allow you to substitute EL84 tubes for the 6L6s that currently power the amp. They're simply converters, originally invented by THD Electronics (these are the folks that make THD Hot Plate Attenuators, etc.). THD sold off the manufacturing rights a few years back, and now they're available exclusively through this company http://www.yellowjacketstc.com/

Essentially, it will drop your amp from 40W to about 15W and substitute the distinctive sound of the EL84 for the 6L6s. Converting back is just a matter of unplugging the yellow jacket converters (with the EL84 tubes) and putting your original 6L6s back in. No re-biasing required.

Thanks for the help i will have a look is their anything else you would recommend
Last edited by ogy space at Apr 1, 2015,
those are pretty cool.

do you have to change the bias on the amp? do they fit in most amps? they seem tall.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
those are pretty cool.

do you have to change the bias on the amp? do they fit in most amps? they seem tall.

It seems you dont have to, according to the website
I have one question (Im bit inept about the workings of amps) on their website there is the option for a standard version or triode version, what is the difference?