So I set up my electric guitar (xaviere XV-835, tele copy) after having put bigger strings on it (from 11-48 to 12-60) and it's still unplayable.

Most of the frets buzz, either if the action is high or low, however the neck is adjusted.

Years ago, right after I bought the guitar, I unscrewed the neck to put a different one on and I soon after put back the original one 'cause I didn't know the neck I bought was unfinished and damn I dislike playing on unfinished necks

So, how should I go about solving my problem?

Thank y'all in advance!
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
you say the neck is adjusted but what does that mean?

check the relief. report what fits in middle relief here.
put the action where you like it and report what string, and at what frets, buzz.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If you are getting fret buzz on most of your frets, it is almost certainly a question of proper neck bow. You need to adjust your truss rod, or have a qualified guitar technician perform the adjustment for you. It is not a big deal, but it does have to be done properly.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Relief at 9th fret is around 0.9mm, at 12th fret is around 1.1mm.

With the action being some 4mm at the 12th fret for all strings more or less, the 3th, 4th and 5th strings buzz on every fret starting from the 1st, while the others start buzzing slightly at the 9th-10th fret with everything being literally unplayable at the 15th fret.

My guess is that I didn't place the neck properly when I put it back on years ago.
Might it be that?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
Relief at 9th fret is around 0.9mm, at 12th fret is around 1.1mm.

With the action being some 4mm at the 12th fret for all strings more or less, the 3th, 4th and 5th strings buzz on every fret starting from the 1st, while the others start buzzing slightly at the 9th-10th fret with everything being literally unplayable at the 15th fret.

My guess is that I didn't place the neck properly when I put it back on years ago.
Might it be that?

Yup.
Cheap body and an aftermarket neck usually means you need a shim or the neck pocket shaped to get everything kosher.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Removed and re-set the neck good this time, set everything up and now it plays hella better.

Thanks for the help everybody!
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola