Hello,

I want to learn some songs using guitar software. Some require me to use my USB cable. So I go output jack from my guitar to the PC and there it is.

For my combo I just go out from my guitar to my stompboxes to the combo.

I would really like to be able to hear the sound from my guitar go through both the PC and the combo.

So one way I could do this is to get a soundcard and go PC out to the combo I think.

I have read about splitting a single and it could mean many things, but would it better for to me to get a unit that can take the signal from the guitar and split it between the PC and combo? If so, what should I get or use?

I want to be able to custom my amp/combo settings for the songs, but the effects are already done in the PC, if that makes sense.
Dean MAB1. Epiphone Annihilation V. EVH 5150III 50. Orange PPC112. Earthquaker devices - The Warden, Arrows, Acapulco Gold, Levitation, Night Wire. EHX Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker. Polytune mini. e906. SM57. Focusrite. LINUX!
Last edited by Deermonic at Apr 1, 2015,
Go into the recording section and read the introduction to recording sticky and the amp sims sticky.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I scanned through but isn't that more about PC simulation rather than hardware for splitting sound from a guitar?
Dean MAB1. Epiphone Annihilation V. EVH 5150III 50. Orange PPC112. Earthquaker devices - The Warden, Arrows, Acapulco Gold, Levitation, Night Wire. EHX Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker. Polytune mini. e906. SM57. Focusrite. LINUX!
Yes, because it's inadvisable to plug a guitar's output into a PC's line or mic input.

To split the signal you can use whatever ABY box.
Either buy whatever or build yourself one, it's dead simple.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
Yes, because it's inadvisable to plug a guitar's output into a PC's line or mic input.

The guitar to PC cable is a realtone cable from Rocksmith. Guitar jack to USB in.

ABY box sounds more like what I need.

So Y is A+B and I can go either to A alone, B alone or both together which is Y.

What sounds like what I need.
Quote by Spambot_2

I've done it several times with no ill effects.
Doesn't sound that great without an interface designed for that though.
Quote by CodeMonk

Hence the "inadvisable"...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by CodeMonk
Yes you're right.

It's inadvisable though because apart from the obvious sound result, I've seen people physically breaking the PC's input jack by using a heavy 1/4" to 3,5mm adapter and leaving it there, possibly also putting stress on it.

So yeah, you definitely can do that and if you're careful nothing bad will happen, though if ya ask me it's inadvisable.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Arby911
Hence the "inadvisable"...

Yeah, but I've found it useful when you want to be anal about intonation.
And that ^.
Breaking stuff is bad.