Every chord is beautiful when placed appropriately.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Quote by Jet Penguin
Every chord is beautiful when placed appropriately.

3 deep 5 me
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Dmadd9/F is one I really like, fingered thus:
e|0
B|3
G|2
D|0
A|0
E|1

I'm not sure it isn't closer to some kind of F chord, but I've tended to use it in place of a Dm, so I don't know.

All maj7s are my friends.

Also, not that it's a particularly special shape or sound or anything, but I really like the C-shape barre for major chords.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Heres a few chords that I like to play in a progression for a song I'm working on. they sound best on a 12 string:

x99800 x77600 x66400 x44200 and then open E

Also, any suspended chord sounds good to me
Last edited by Unossofrus at Apr 2, 2015,
the beauty of the bVI interval--D - Bb play slowly one note at a time until the sound "sinks in"

x13 12 0 11 10

10 0 0 11 10 x

10 x 0 10 11 x

6 x 7 7 5 x

x 0 0 9 7 5 let ring then D note at 10th fret
play well

wolf
Last edited by wolflen at Apr 2, 2015,
Quote by wolflen
x13 12 0 11 10
Sounds nice dropped chromatically too.
e|-10--9---8---7--|
B|-11--10--9---8--|
G|-0---0---0---0--|
D|-12--11--10--9--|
A|-13--12--11--10-|
E|-x---x---x---x--|
Of course, all you have to do is get a ton of context-less puzzle pieces and arrange them in an arbitrary order....

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Is there something wrong with finding a chord or scale or whatever that you like for whatever reason, and then trying to figure out different ways it could be given a context?
Quote by The4thHorsemen
Is there something wrong with finding a chord or scale or whatever that you like for whatever reason, and then trying to figure out different ways it could be given a context?

As good a way as any.
No not at all, there's just often this mentality of finding these standalone sonorities that can't be readily applied to multiple contexts.

I'm a firm believer in learning few things with many applications; not vice versa.

Is this going to be another one of those "everyone post a random chord" threads? We've got at least a hundred of these. Well, might as well make myself useful.
Am7#5
x

Emadd9 (used in the intro of Dream Theater's On The Backs Of Angels)
x
Quote by Jet Penguin
No not at all, there's just often this mentality of finding these standalone sonorities that can't be readily applied to multiple contexts.

I'm a firm believer in learning few things with many applications; not vice versa.

Well you've taught me a new word "sonority" so cheers. Can you give me any chords or progressions even if its a nicer voicing of a common chord like the Cmaj7 in my video?
Quote by Jimjambanx

Emadd9 (used in the intro of Dream Theater's On The Backs Of Angels)

x

Also the godly interlude to Diary of a Madman.