So again I have been presented with a trade offer for my 98 Gibson lp doublecut AA flame top,

Guy has a Jim Root white tele with OHSC, a reissued Guild S-100 with OHSC, and a Blackstar HT club 50 head, all of it mint shape, as well mine is mint.

Decent deal? Never played a guild guitar b4

Ty
Why trade your LP? You obviously want to get rid of your guitar, for whatever reason, but I'll tell you trading isn't a good option. Sell it and buy exactly what you want instead of just settling for a trade you were just offered.

If you absolutely want to trade, trade for something that has the same kind of resale value (one to one). Trading an expensive guitar for a bunch of cheaper stuff is never a good idea. You'll lose money on it, I guarantee it.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Apr 2, 2015,
Does he want to trade you all of that for the LP?
Depends if you want all of these.
I'd pass on the Blackstar, same with that Guild.

The Tele isn't worth as much as a 90's Gibson.
I'd just sell the Gibson and get exactly what you want.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
pks330, which guitar do you want? Figure this out, find a shop that can get you one, sell the LP private, and use that cash to go buy the other.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
not sure why you guys are down on trading. when you trade you do get the most value for your guitar in many cases. the one thing i agree with is not trading for lower end stuff. now having said that it depends on what is being offered. i would take a couple of decent guitars in trade if i really liked them. not sure what your LP is worth but if i were to say get a US Strat and say an Exotic series BC Rich (Bich or Mockingbird) for it i would go for the deal. why because both are quality guitars and i want them. big key is getting something you want and not necessarily getting a $ for $ trade.
I'm not a trading fan (come to think of it, I've never done one), especially when you take a bunch of stuff you really don't need or want back in trade for a relatively premium item. Doesn't matter whether the values balance out; if you have to turn around and do another trade or sale to get where you want to be, it's not worth it.
Trades mean you get to own a ton of guitars for no money, provided you're smart about them.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by dspellman
I'm not a trading fan (come to think of it, I've never done one), especially when you take a bunch of stuff you really don't need or want back in trade for a relatively premium item. Doesn't matter whether the values balance out; if you have to turn around and do another trade or sale to get where you want to be, it's not worth it.

in no way am i suggesting to take a bunch of stuff on the junky side for a premium item that is stupid. having said that sometimes it is easier to move cheaper stuff quickly. i deal in toy collectables and have found at times you can squeeze more out of someone in a trade for a very desirable item when they only have cheaper stuff to offer. yes it takes more of your time but it can add up to more than you would have gotten just selling the item.

trades can work out to your advantage as long as you have some patience and a good idea of what you want. i traded a Hamer Diablo for my 89 fender strat plus deluxe. believe me it took a while and i got all kinds of stupid offers. i also did a trade with a guy that was really clueless. i put up a couple of behringer pedals and a DS-1 for trade. guy called and wanted them. ok we met up at a mall. hea had a germanium fuzzface (dunlop) a couple of Boss pedals and a really nice tremelo pedal (forgot who made it). this guy was willing to give me all those for mine. he played in a church band, provided id and stuff to back up where he lived etc. real nice guy. i ended up taking the fuzzface and a boss phaser and told him to keep the rest as it wouldn't be a fair deal at all if i took all his pedals.
those double cuts are some of the best guitars gibson usa ever made and they are getting rarer all the time. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
those double cuts are some of the best guitars gibson usa ever made and they are getting rarer all the time. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

i like them better than a regular LP myself. after taking some time to look up the stuff offered it isn't realy a bad deal. Jim Root Tele's are going for around $1100 new and the Guild is in the $7-800 range plus the amp head (didn't look up but i know they aren't all that cheap). if yu like th guitars and amp then it's really not bad at all. nothing offered is really junk per se (yeah i know not much love for Blackstar)
Hey! You're close to Cleveland aren't you? There's no way in hell I'd take that deal (unless it was an LPJ), you're call though...obviously.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I have only ever traded in a guitar at a store to get something I wanted more but I have never done a personal trade. In the case of a store trade I instigate it because I am looking to get something I want more than what I'm trading in so it works for me even though I know I've done some bad trades along the line in a financial way. I will trade in a guitar that I don't like or just don't play in order to get something I think I will play. I don't approach it like, "What can I get for this?". Did you want any of these items previously or are you just looking to get rid of the Gibson?
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.