Poll: Which track should I lead with?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which track should I lead with?
Tearbait
1 13%
Frozen, Waiting
6 75%
VSP3 (feat. William Letcher)
1 13%
Voters: 8.
I plan on getting some CD's made of some of my electronic tracks to see if I can get them sold locally. I was hoping to get some opinions on which track should go first; I'm split between three. I've heard all of these too many times to really gauge which one best catches attention, so if you guys could check out the linked tracks (you obviously aren't expected to listen to the whole thing, just the beginning), I'd really like to know which intro you think is most likely you keep you listening, even if you don't like the genre of music, or my music in particular.

Tearbait
Frozen, Waiting
VSP3

Thank you in advance for any help you guys can offer.

inb4 none of them
Last edited by herby190 at Apr 2, 2015,
Open with Frozen
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I don't think people that listen to that kind of garbage are the same kinds of people who still buy CDs. Unless there's some hipster dubstep vinyl/cassette trend I'm not aware of.
Last edited by Wormholes at Apr 2, 2015,
Quote by Wormholes
I don't think people that listen to that kind of garbage are the same kinds of people who still buy CDs. Unless there's some hipster dubstep vinyl/cassette trend I'm not aware of.
There's electronic music that isn't dubstep, believe it or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oQDBxhtFHw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r6pBqmanH4
Last edited by herby190 at Apr 2, 2015,
Ronald Jenkees is still around?

I say lead with the second track
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Ronald Jenkees is still around?

I say lead with the second track
I'm pretty sure he came out with an album last year; the linked track is from '09, which I think was when he was popular.
Call me ignorant but I call anything electronic related dubstep. It irritates the hell out of my friend that's a huge electronic music fan.
Quote by hurricane0202
Call me ignorant but I call anything electronic related dubstep. It irritates the hell out of my friend that's a huge electronic music fan.

jfc
banned
As an electronic musician I have to say your stuff is pretty decent, man.

Oh, and i'd go with the second song. The rest are good, but the second song packs a real punch.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Eastwinn
new order

blue monday still consummate electronic track
Quote by MinterMan22
sure beats shit division

blue monday is my favorite song along with 1330 oak 1995 by kind of like spitting so let's just say i like it a lot

i really really like new order but i end up talking about joy division more cause everyone is like 'oh oh ian curtis woah wow' or 'look at these dumb shirts posers wow' then i get sucked into it. i personally think joy division pales in comparison to new order

but whatever, i'm not the kind that needs to tell you just you want me to ya know?
i don't know why i feel so dry
--i don't like blue monday that much; it is a great song, don't get me wrong, but i would take everything on power, corruption & lies + "temptation" & "ceremony over it. "age of consent" is actually probably my favorite new order cut.
--although i love joy division, i actually totally ignored the fact that new order ever existed for a good 7 years or so, which seems dumb now. i really love both bands, don't care to take sides.
--bernard's an excruciatingly boring frontman, though, if you ever watch live vids from the early years.
Quote by Wormholes

r u srs?
Quote by hosenhosem
r u srs?
Soo I'm not the only one that thought that was a little too much ignorant crammed into such a small post?
That trifonic song was dope. Definitely hear the This Binary Universe influence
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Wormholes
Its not ignorant. More people stream or buy digital music than cds.
The ignorant part was classifying all electronic music as hipster dubstep garbage. There's a pretty large variety of electronic music out there, I'm sure I could find something you'd appreciate if I looked long enough (don't worry, I won't try).

Also, I plan to release it online, I just thought it'd be cool to get a few physical copies.
Quote by Dreadnought
That trifonic song was dope. Definitely hear the This Binary Universe influence
I'm just checking them out now; I'm hearing a lot of the same types of sounds in the song All That Makes Us Human Continues, especially in the creaky-slowdowns going on in the background of the first half. Thanks for showing me.

Trifonic is an incredible producer; I learned a lot from the production videos that come with the deluxe version of Ninth Wave. I'd highly recommend checking out that whole album if you're at all interested in this type of music, it's a great blend of electronic and organic, post-rocky parts. The whole album includes a lot of guitar, mandolin and piano samples, manipulated in every conceivable way.
Quote by herby190
The ignorant part was classifying all electronic music as hipster dubstep garbage. There's a pretty large variety of electronic music out there, I'm sure I could find something you'd appreciate if I looked long enough (don't worry, I won't try).

I was the one that said all electronic music is dubstep. I don't actually think that I just joke about it every time I hear my friend playing electronic music cause it pisses him off every single time.
They were all pretty bad but. First was the worst... sounded like Guitar Pro. I guess that they're at least not as bad as the dentist drill, trying to play an add10 chord, or trying to convince people that actually play bowed instruments that there would be no technical challenges playing bass guitar with a bow.

I agree with everyone that says don't make a physical CD.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by herby190
Please change your tampon.

You accidentally quoted theo instead of yourself.
Quote by herby190

A period joke? How uncreative. Did you make that with Guitar Pro, too?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
A period joke? How uncreative. Did you make that with Guitar Pro, too?

Quote by herby190

Thanks for this whole blood waterfall type mental image I have going on now
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I posted that before realizing they're actually female. Now I just feel icky for some reason.
Quote by FireFromTheVoid

Tearbait has some pretty serious harmony issues and VSP3 definitely sounds like you wrote it in Guitar Pro.

Frozen was actually pretty decent, so go with that.
Check out my band Disturbed