Hello. Some people are interested in mixing a song I recorded at home with Studio One 2. Presumably, I'll need to put the folder my song's in on some kind of filing hosting/sharing service. Any recommendations? As it's just one song, the folder should be no larger than 10 GB. Price is an object. Although I don't want to compromise security, I would like to be able to do this for free. Thanks.
Dropbox
iCloud if you have a Mac

Zip the folder of stems, makes it easier for everyone.

IMO, security isn't really a concern, nobody is going to hack into a mediafire link for stems, anyone willing to go that far has their sights set on something better (no offense).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Dropbox/iCloud/OneDrive/Box/Whatever. No-one's going to steal your shit.

Also if your DAW lets you change it's default tracking format from WAV to FLAC, will shrink your session's overall size immensely and it's still lossless so no quality difference.
From what I can tell, Dropbox gives you only 2GB. I don't want to pay $10 a month for the extra storage. I have PC (Dell).
You can also use Soundcloud and post as hidden files, I've mixed a project that was submitted to me this way.

How about just regular FTP? Just a plain old web hosting service is probably the cheapest way. I pay $7 a month for mine and is unlimited data.

Hell, you can probably just run an ftp server off of your machine or another network computer but might be a little more complicated to set up.

If it is just one song or one project - why not mail a DVD/DVDs?
Last edited by diabolical at Apr 2, 2015,
Quote by diabolical
You can also use Soundcloud and post as hidden files, I've mixed a project that was submitted to me this way.

How about just regular FTP? Just a plain old web hosting service is probably the cheapest way. I pay $7 a month for mine and is unlimited data.

Hell, you can probably just run an ftp server off of your machine or another network computer but might be a little more complicated to set up.

If it is just one song or one project - why not mail a DVD/DVDs?

It seems like Box, OneDrive, and pCloud offer around 10GB free storage.
Amazon has a drive service bundled into Prime, could be worth the price if you're into the other perks.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Seriously though, how big are your sessions if you're having 10GB after compression (preferably through FLAC instead of WAV, then ZIPing the folder).
Quote by chatterbox272
Seriously though, how big are your sessions if you're having 10GB after compression (preferably through FLAC instead of WAV, then ZIPing the folder).

He probably hasn't cleaned up his takes. Since I use S1 I'd have to say that a regular rock song when put in as stems is usually between 750mb-1.5gig tops.