So, yes, I realize that every model in the RG line has a documented list of hardware parts, and I've dug for several days without any success, so I figured to come here. I bought this RG220B a couple of years back as a project guitar - it's got the same body/neck of much better RG models, and I figured with a standard basswood body (like on most RGs), along with a nice Wizard II neck, I could swap the pups, rewire and replace pots, get a better trem, and be better for the money than spending between $800-$1k.

So I got the pups out, rewired and changed, and it made a massive, MASSIVE difference already (obviously). Switched out the tuners up top on the headstock, replaced the nut, and now I'm working on the trem.

So I pulled the thing, and it's, as far as I can tell, some random knock-off mongrel that I've never seen before, and Google failed me entirely - almost every spec list for the 220B says Low Pro Edge, Edge Pro, or Edge II, and this is very, VERY much none of them. I've attached some pictures that will hopefully help, and thanks in advance for your help in id'ing this bizarre thing.

It's got no locking device on the bridge - just a set of six posts bored out that you feed the strings through like a standard bridge, but has fine tuners. It's pretty pieced apart - I pulled the saddles looking for some sort of model name or number, but as you can see, there's nothing. The block is empty, just beat up. All it says is "licensed under floyd rose patents" near the fine tuners. I've already put another bridge in - took it from an old Jackson as it seemed better suited than this thing, but it's just driving me nuts now not knowing what this thing is.

Cheers, all.
Attachments:
20150402_092717.jpg
20150402_092731.jpg
20150402_092747.jpg
This signature is worth TONS of money. You should see what you can get for it.
Its a Fastloader type Floyd, that's for certain. I think Fastloaders are a dumb design. Not having the string locks defeats the purpose of having a Floyd in the first place.

There have been many, many cheap Licensed Speedloader Floyds floating around. And since it obviously isn't from Ibanez, it was swapped by the previous owner. So really it could be almost anything.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Its a Fastloader type Floyd, that's for certain. I think Fastloaders are a dumb design. Not having the string locks defeats the purpose of having a Floyd in the first place.

There have been many, many cheap Licensed Speedloader Floyds floating around. And since it obviously isn't from Ibanez, it was swapped by the previous owner. So really it could be almost anything.

Yeah IIRC the Ibanez trems have Ibanez markings on the baseplate. If you don't see any it's fair to say the trem was swapped out. What year is the guitar TS?

So there's no other logos or anything anywere on the trem unit?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah IIRC the Ibanez trems have Ibanez markings on the baseplate. If you don't see any it's fair to say the trem was swapped out. What year is the guitar TS?

So there's no other logos or anything anywere on the trem unit?

No logos - nothing, literally. It's just a hunk of metal with absolutely no etching outside of the "licensed under..." bit.

As far as year, when I look at the serial number, it seems... well... odd. It's C 8095493, and if I go by the Korean serial number layout, it should be year, month, and production number, like so YYMMXXXX. But if I go by the serial number on the back of the headstock, that would mean it was made in 1980, in the 95th month (which obviously doesn't exist), and the production number is missing a numeral. If the C (for Cor-Tek) was mislabeled, however, and it was meant to be an E, it would be in the Sung-Eum YMMXXXX format, which puts it at 1998 in September, production number 5493.

This is becoming a head scratcher, unless I'm missing something, in which case I'm happy to have that pointed out.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

And I agree. Having a Fastloader really just makes things more difficult than necessary, and as you said sort of renders the entire principle useless...

Regardless of the outcome here, this has all just re-affirmed my decision to swap the damned thing out.
Last edited by Rifftanic at Apr 2, 2015,
Can you post pictures of the whole guitar? Body shots, headstock, neck, serial number, body etc... ?

1998 would make sense but 1980 is impossible.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Can you post pictures of the whole guitar? Body shots, headstock, neck, serial number, body etc... ?

1998 would make sense but 1980 is impossible.

No prob.

Sorry for the tiny pictures - UG's allowances are 500x500.

EDIT - added in a close-up of the serial, since by the time I shrunk the pics to fit UG's allowed size, it was a blur.

DoublEdit - I'm looking up pictures and used sales of this guitar, and it seems like they've all got this damned bridge on it...
Attachments:
20150402_141416_LLS.jpg
20150402_141438_LLS.jpg
20150402_141507_LLS.jpg
20150402_141550_LLS.jpg
2015-04-02 14.23.57.jpg
Last edited by Rifftanic at Apr 2, 2015,
I have an RG270DX with that bridge. It's a cheap Ibby bridge. No stamps or model number. I swapped the saddle for actual Floyd saddle for about $20 and it's been much better since then.