Pictures below:

I know, I know...

My band has been playing some heavier stuff. We used to do more jams and riffs in the way of Dinosaur Jr, so my Strats and Teles could hang just fine. Well, the sound's changed as the other guitarist and I have become better together, so they weren't cutting it for the sound. Neither was my Fender Concert II Rivera. So I traded off my G&L Tribute, picked up a Valveking 100, and got a good deal on the JP50. The heavy Les Pauls are the guitars of choice for Baroness, Pelican, Mastodon, and those kind of bands we're emulating.

The initial plan was to use the JP50 as a backup, but that changed after the string change and setup. They accidentally made these really, really, really good. It just happened to work out that all my solos are on the regular tuned songs, and the other guitarist happens to have solos on the drop-tuned songs, so the Paul will be the chugga chugga guitar and the JP will be the widdly widdly.

I ordered a Seymour Duncan P-Rail for the neck and a Seymour Duncan Pegasus for the bridge of the JP. The pickups are too fizzy, need something with more warmth. I also think it'd be funny to make the JP fanboys squirm with SD's intruding on Dimarzio territory. The EMG 81/85 are a combo that everyone knows, you all know how they sound.

Don't worry, still got my Bob Logan Esquire, I haven't abandoned my morals
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Apr 2, 2015,
Duuuuude

Swert scores man. Prophecy guitars are super nice.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yeah the Prophecy guitars are really good for the money and they look great.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
The satin neck is a really nice touch on the Prophecy. I never get along with LP necks too well, but this one snagged me. I actually initially walked into a trade thinking I was coming out with a Blacktop Strat, but after seeing the LP on the dude's rack I asked about it and ended up walking away with it.
Thank you for letting me know Baroness exists
Fender MIM Strat HSS (DiMarzio Crunch Lab)
Peavey 6505+ 112

If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear! Hit me up.
I could get used to the cutaway but I wish they made jps without a trem and awful rosewood fretboard. An extra inch on the 7 would be nice too.
Congrats on the axes, JR!

And, while I'm not the biggest fan of Baroness, I DO like them (as well as Pelican & Mastodon). I think of them as kind of a heavier version of BÖC.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
blasphemy gave up on the strats and teles

nice. those sterling guitars are really good i've really liked the ones i've played. enjoy.

sure you could have been the first guy playing Mastodon with a strat (none of this humbucker stuff) but noooo.......
I am shocked and disgusted

Congrats though man
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Welcome to the dark (and extremely heavy) side of Gibson.

HNGD
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Where's the real JR?

I love that Les Paul though! HNGD!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
who are you and what have you done with jake?

release him now.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I wonder how surf guitar sounds with those EMGs...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I wonder how surf guitar sounds with those EMGs...

Dunno, that's what I use this for

I spy a Custom Badass '78 on your board.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.