I have Vintage v100 les paul.
Professional luther made it playable.
Body has semi-mate finish. Changed bridge humbucker, bridge and tuners.
Best is that frets slots are corrected and adjusted for in tune notes.
I was thinking to change it thinner and lighter version of les paul for better playability. Too heavy for me. All related advices are welcome.

I was recommended chambered body.
Also Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite, Les Paul Ultra.

I like les paul neck. Only problem is neck thickness
I like to have thinner neck.

I'm looking fast play guitar like strat that sound similar to les paul.
Thin neck and thinner body, humbuckers and clued in neck.

It doesn't need to have 100% les paul guitars body shape
Last edited by DeathSuperMario at Apr 2, 2015,
LTD EC 400 or better.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
That's Amazing !! I bought a Vintage Lemon Drop had it sorted out properly and it
sounds great but the neck is quite thick and its very heavy , I sold a Telecaster a couple of years back and wish I hadn't thinner faster neck lot lighter and it had a neck humbucker
I am currently using a semi 335 copy lot more easier to live with
Gibson has a new Les Paul "Less Plus" something or other that has a body that's about the same thickness as an SG. Much lighter.

Carvin has the California Singlecut (CS) carved top guitar that has a thinner body. They also have the SC flat-top guitar that (depending on the wood) is much lighter, has 24 frets and a very fast neck.

There's also the 70's LS6, which has a wider thinner body (SG-thickness) and Gibson's first-ever 24-fret neck. Recently reissued, as well.
Gibson makes a thinner, more comfortable "Les Paul Less" now, but when I tried it, I quickly gave up on it because the sound was also thin and lacked substance. I loved the idea, but was very disappointed.

I also didn't like the ESP(LTD?) Eclipse (don't remember which model it was) I once tried, but that may well have been the EMG's. I hate EMG's.
Last edited by Knarrenheino at Apr 2, 2015,
If you can find one, try a Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash. It's from the Smartwood range, and although it's the same thickness as a normal Les Paul it's a lot lighter.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
If you're up for it: try the new melody maker with 2x P-90s

they're thin, carved at the top and very comfortable

I played one the other day and they are actually fantastic!

EDIT: and thin necks!
Chambered Agile or Schecter SLS line
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
The various variants of the ESP Eclipse mostly fit that description, with the exception of some full thickness ones.

Noticed a 30% price hike on Thomann though, effectively making an Ltd 1000 cost as much as a Gibson LP Studio, so maybe not.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I have an Epiphone Ultra that weighs 7.1 lbs. and feels very light. I just a coincidence that I happen to be aware of it's weight because someone asked me about last night and I got out digital scale and weighed it. It is chambered and has the Nanomag acoustic pickup in the neck. It still gives a nice Les Paul crunch with the right amp.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
The Dean Zelinsky Private Label Zenyatta is a fairly shallow-bodied LPclone:
https://deanzelinsky.com/guitars/zenyatta

And the Imperial and Imperial Jr. (formerly known as the Royale) from Dean Z's previous company, DBZ, are double cuts that share that shallow-body design as well (scroll down):
www.guitarsbydiamond.com/catalog/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
He should get a pretty good compilation of answers; he's spread this thread over other forums as well.

Ultimately, it depends on how closely to the Les Paul sound (if there is such a thing) that you want to get. A lot of what *I* hear in a Les Paul has to do with the small, dense (and, sorry, heavy) body. You can tack humbucker pickups onto almost anything and call the resulting sound what you like.
Heritage H-140!
Quote by Cathbard
You, my man, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Quote by Knarrenheino
You hold your guitar upwards from your lap like an erect phallus and tell me I have problems?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

PRS is what i see as the mix of a Les Paul and a Strat.

There are Les Pauls out there that might be suited to what you are after... sometimes the neck doesnt have to be thin to feel good in your hand (Not all LP necks are thick). Just play what you like the look off... if it sounds great and feels great then thats all that matters (as long as you can afford it).
"Thin lightweight Les Paul" is an oxymoron.

Like "Jumbo Shrimp" or "Military Intelligence."

Gibson produced a thin lightweight Les Paul and eventually called it an SG because customers whined about the weight. The problem is, it really wasn't a Les Paul any more. When Clapton nabbed a Les Paul for the Beano album, he did so precisely because of the properties the thick heavyweight Les Paul brought to the sound. And it's those properties that Les Paul buyers sought and the reason it was brought back in the late '60's.
I looked and tried guitars in guitar shop.

I liked SG body weight. Bad was that neck was heavier than body.
SG neck Profile was not great. Fenders standard series necks was too thick for me.

Ibanez gio series neck was very great. Thin and fast neck.
Ibanez rg neck profile was great for barre chords. I think that flat profile neck similar to classical guitar neck is bad if I also wanna play thumb over neck. RG neck was too flat for me
If I remember it right It was ibanez gio grg7221 and grg121dx. I Think that RG had wizard neck. Not sure about gio neck.
I only like my les paul neck width. Les paul neck puts my thumb too much under tension If I play thumb on neck.

Great guitar would be:
6 strings, humbuckers, SG body weight(2-3kg), les paul neck width, gio low neck thickness(19-20 at first fret and 20-22 at 12 fret) and profile , les paul JR double cut or strat body similar shape, 24"-24.75" Scale lenght.

People in other forums recommended ibanez s series, gibson jett and Epiphone Wilshire.
Is there any ibanez guitar with gio neck and les paul scale? I have not tried any mustang and jaguar yet. Don't know any guitar shop in estonia what has jag or mustang in stock.
With the SG neck profile, it's worth noting that different models (and different production runs of the same model) will have different profiles. Most (all?) of Gibson's current SGs have the 60s slim taper profile (which I personally don't like), but my SG's (a '99 Standard and a 2014 Special Plus) both have the fatter 50s rounded profile. Also, neither have any issues with neck weight.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Try a few SG's or SG copies.

Angus Young of AC/DC says he uses SG's "so as not to break his hip with a Les Paul" amongst other reasons.

I've had a couple of SG's, a 70's Gibson and a copy of some description that a friend had tinkered with and improved, it ended up better than the Gibson, I forget what brand it was but it didn't even have a set neck,still had good top fret access and sustain, I really miss that one. Wish I knew what it was but the name had been sprayed over.

You already have a Vintage brand Les Paul guitar, they also did a Les Paul Junior type guitar with fake P90's that I've played (really humbuckers,I think) It has a very slim set neck and a light body,there's a bit of an arch to the top too which is a nice cosmetic/aesthetic touch.
Last edited by guitar-name at Apr 14, 2015,
ESP was mentioned before, try a Vyper (their SG variant), LTD-400 or better.
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Thought I'd suggest Ibanez's AR Series.

Body size smaller, thinner, lighter.
Neck thinner. And damned sexy. IMO

Good luck with your search!
"I think it's so cool that you can pick up the guitar and create something that didn't exist 5 minutes ago."
I always did like those. Wanted one in blue...

I would look at the reverend Sensei guitars. Great guitars. Lightweight, uniform neck, bass contour, pickups are not too hot. If you wanted higher output and liked the sensei then check out the RA series guitars. Best of luck.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13