New Upgrades Day! The final piece of my project to upgrade my Gibson Explorer arrived today so I decided it was time to unveil it to the world.

I'll never be a famous endorsed guitarist with his own signature model so I decided to create my own personal signature model on my own. Pickup upgrades in the form of EMG Het Set w/ brushed chrome covers and cosmetic upgrades of chrome knobs, brushed aluminum pickguard, and brushed aluminum truss rod cover rounded out the project.

So finally let me introduce the Gibson KrymsinViking "Stormwitch" Signature Model Explorer.

Sex + y = that guitar!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thanks guys I'm really happy with it. The best part is it sounds even better than it looks. Iv been having such a blast playing it. It's one of those guitars now that just inspires me to play and I can't put down.
Looks sweet man. I love doing little upgrades to guitars

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Nice guitar, but the name doesn't exactly roll off the tounge

Are you happy with the EMG's?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Love it, I think the brushed metal covers they put on the PAF-look EMGs look amazing.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Treat the poor teddy bear (or whatever that is) on the floor to a trip to the dry cleaners!

Nice guitar btw! I still regret selling my Gibson Explorer.
Corny name, but awesome guitar.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
nice work
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Robbgnarly
Nice guitar, but the name doesn't exactly roll off the tounge

Are you happy with the EMG's?

Very happy with them.

Quote by Fisheth24
I thought of these guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtl7PzjEJrE No idea if you knew of them, haha!

Nice upgrades though!

I knew about them but I went with it as a tip of the hat to a song by The Sword

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6l_DwhjDIGs

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Corny name, but awesome guitar.

I love the name. Besides sig models should have corny names man! Hetfield has the Snakebyte which sounds pretty corny to me.
Quote by KrymsinViking

I love the name. Besides sig models should have corny names man! Hetfield has the Snakebyte which sounds pretty corny to me.

Snakebyte is a corny name, I will give you that.

I personally think names like that are a bit mawkish and try-hard.

But if you like it, I can't complain. The guitar does look cool.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 3, 2015,
looks great man, glad you went with brushed aluminum over say mirrored. that brushed hardware makes what would be a fairly boring black guitar turn into something pretty amazing. are you liking the het set? ill be buying a snakebyte in a few months (despite the corny name ) and am wondering if I should already be considering pickup upgrades. so far ive heard nothing but good things about those pups, even from people who claim to have been longtime EMG loathers.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

The Sword rules, that truss rod cover rules, that pickguard rules, those pickup covers rule, the guitar rules, I bet your tone rules.

There's a lot to like in this thread.
That's how almost all Signature models begin: someone tricks out an existing guitar. Looks great! Enjoy the hell out of it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by JustRooster
The Sword rules...

True dat.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Ippon
Looks sweet! Have you considered "ebonizing" the fretboard?

+1 that would make it even more sexy.

nice guitar!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/