So I ordered the Zoom G3 from Amazon last Sunday. I am pumped. And as most people do, I tracked the shipping location quite often.

However, the G3 hasn't moved at all. It has been in a state of "preparing for shipment" since Sunday. I did get the free shipping, so it was supposed to be slow. But I was concerned that it was overlooked, so I sent Amazon a message.

How nice of the (probably Indian outsource) rep to respond within an hour. How also nice of the rep to fix the shipping issue. How nice of the rep to finally set me up with free one-day shipping to make me a happy customer. c:

tl;dr complain about your package shipping and you'll get free one-day shipping
tl;dr not sure why i made this post, guess i felt that i should tell others about this in return for the one-day shipping
Last edited by Will Lane at Apr 3, 2015,
I rented Godzilla and it lagged a few times and a few days l later I got an email saying they refunded me because of it. Amazon is p coo
Never had any shipping problems.

But one time I bought some computer speaker (brand new) and the LED wasn't working (just the LED that displays the volume. The speakers were fine), so I asked them if I was supposed to give it back, but they said that it had chemical material or something or another and that shipping it back can't be done. So they sent me another one (including the speakers lol) for free.

Now I have the speakers still, but I changed the base that had the LED to an older one. Forgot why. I think the subwoofer wasn't working.

I just use my headphones nowadays anyways.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
yeah, i just posted about a similar great Amazon experience the other day.

bought Wind Waker new directly from Amazon.

arrived and the Club Nintendo promo code was not in the game case and it looked like it had been repackaged.

emailed support just to let them know someone might have stolen the code. wasn't expecting anything back.

full refund within an hour of sending the message.

i'm lucky here in NJ with shipping. most things i order arrive within 4-5 days because we have a new Amazon warehouse in NJ, and a lot of other things get shipped from Delaware and other nearby spots. their free over $35 shipping is fast as hell.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I already get free two day shipping, and it's wonderful. I ordered a few things for my niece and nephew, and they'll be arriving today.
Quote by Pastafarian96
I need to start buying stuff from Amazon, badly.

careful. i've had to keep an eye on myself or i'll end up spending half my paycheck in a few days.

so hard to resist buying more vidya games when they're so damn cheap, but i'm already swamped with stuff i should have finished 3 years ago.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
careful. i've had to keep an eye on myself or i'll end up spending half my paycheck in a few days.

so hard to resist buying more vidya games when they're so damn cheap, but i'm already swamped with stuff i should have finished 3 years ago.
I have over 200 games in my Steam library, about a quarter of which I've played, and less than a tenth of which I've beaten, so you could be doing worse.

****ing Humble Bundles.
Quote by herby190
I have over 200 games in my Steam library, about a quarter of which I've played, and less than a tenth of which I've beaten, so you could be doing worse.

****ing Humble Bundles.

yeah, i'm in the same boat plus all the Wii U and 3DS games i've been buying.

been pushing the Steam games out of my mind because i don't have a PC to play them on anymore.
I ordered a game for Day 1 delivery once and it didn't come til the day after so I complained and they refunded the delivery cost.
I've only had issues with amazon once, and it was recent. my package was one day late, I didn't even complain about it, and they gave me a 10 dollar credit.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I ordered a 64 gb tablet. A week later I receive a 32 gb version of the tablet.

So I email them saying a received the wrong version. They offer a full refund or the $45 difference. So I say, sure I'll take the $55 difference.

they end up returning both differences for a total of $100

I ultimately spend $50 on a 32 gb tablet

$$$

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Who's gunna be the first to mention tax evasion and stuff?
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by everybody in the thread
i've had really good experiences with buying things from amazong
wow. neat-o.
Quote by steve_muse
Who's gunna be the first to mention tax evasion and stuff?
i actually had to pay some sort of tax on the G3. was like $10 usd.

it is nice to see that amazon is quite nice to their customers, especially when something is wrong on their part. i just wonder how much revenue they rake in so that the reps can give out refunds to whoever complains, and that doesn't seem very seldom to happen.
yeah Amazon is the best, I use them almost exclusively for all my film needs
and other stuff ofc, got that Prime two day shipping
i should actually get Prime, but i feel kind of like a dick ordering a ton of shit ever since that seasonal UPS job.

you know that smile/smirk on the side of Amazon boxes? once you deliver hundreds of those every day it's like the boxes are mocking you.

yet i still did 90% of my Christmas shopping through Amazon just like the people on my route i started to hate.
i work at a supermarket and it makes me completely miserable, but i still eat food

not sure what your problem is m8
Quote by GuitarGod_92
i work at a supermarket and it makes me completely miserable, but i still eat food

not sure what your problem is m8

it has do do with people ordering/returning gifts constantly through the holidays. often oversized, heavy as **** boxes. more often than not, those same people are ungrateful, rude assholes.

and people who order 5 packages of paper towels, or 4 boxes of printer paper, or my personal favorite, a bag of dog food inside a box so it's off balance and flips off the shelf and smashes you in the face.
no offense to your past job history, but the people who work for the UPS out here are the most useless ****ing idiots that cant do their job worth shit so i'd think them getting smash in the face with one of my boxes would be funny
Quote by GuitarGod_92
no offense to your past job history, but the people who work for the UPS out here are the most useless ****ing idiots that cant do their job worth shit so i'd think them getting smash in the face with one of my boxes would be funny

no offense taken. a lot of UPS Drivers i encountered as a helper were incompetent, dickheads, or incompetent dickheads.

my driver was an ok guy though. went out of his way to try and discreetly delivery larger packages that were presumably a child's Christmas present, made an effort to make sure certain packages weren't going to get wet, would not deliver/try and come back later for things like TVs and laptops if no one was home even though no signature was required.

and the guy bought me lunch every day.

some of the other drivers i had to work with though... damn.

speeding through school areas/my neighborhood. trying to get me to cross busy roads in the dark during rush hour. trying to get me to carry a 5 x 5 ft >100 lbs box without a handtruck, which later turned out to be the completely wrong house. generally not having a ****ing clue where anything was on their route despite doing it for who knows how many years.

still, FedEx drivers here are 10 times worse. lazy ****s won't even make the effort to walk the extra half a foot to place a package next to your door. they'll just throw it in the middle of your walkway so it sits in the rain all day.
oh yeah Fedex always put my packages on the back of our cars, regardless of weather, instead of coming to the door.

but they're also the only ones that deliver my packages on time and actually to me.
UPS and FedEx both do well delivering in my area.

The one you have to watch out for is USPS

And by "watch out for" I mean don't waste your time watching because your package will come a week late.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by jakesmellspoo
still, FedEx drivers here are 10 times worse. lazy ****s won't even make the effort to walk the extra half a foot to place a package next to your door. they'll just throw it in the middle of your walkway so it sits in the rain all day.
: o my G3 is coming through fedex
Quote by eGraham
The one you have to watch out for is USPS

And by "watch out for" I mean don't waste your time watching because your package will come a week late.
i'm in the same situation. i ordered something last wednesday with their dumb 5-8 day free shipping because i don't order enough from amazon anymore for prime to be worth it (honestly i probably do and should renew my prime) and it still said preparing for shipment until just a few minutes ago.

expected delivery is "mar 31 - apr 4" but i guess just a few minutes ago it changed to "shipping today"

amazon is super dumb. once i ordered something and it said the delivery date and "on time" up until the last day it was scheduled to arrive, then they changed the expected delivery to a few days later and still left it as "on time"
it's not ****ing on time anymore then you dipshits, it's late.
i've only ever had trouble with USPS when i was living with my mom at the last two places she rented.

the one mail lady liked to throw my records into the bushes, under the ramp to the front door, or into the side of the house, often denting the packaging and the corners of the record sleeve. also left the mailbox open, but only when it was pouring rain so the mail would get drenched.

last apartment has pretty much the same problem. maybe worse after my mom ordered a car decal for a friend. the packaging said in huge lettering "DO NOT BEND"

so the mailman folded it in half and jammed it in the mailbox.

Newegg's free shipping through DHL is dumb as shit, too. ordered a game a few months ago and DHL took it from Edison, NJ (about 45 mins north of me) to Seacaucus, (about an hour north of Edison) handed it off to USPS there, then it came all the way back down to where i live.
Yeah, i got a drone, missing a cable, they gave me 15% refund..$140
Quote by jakesmellspoo
yeah, i'm in the same boat plus all the Wii U and 3DS games i've been buying.
I'm fortunate enough to have a couple Game Stops and pawn shops near my house, so I always check out the used games when I'm out and about; Game Stop doesn't reduce the price by much for popular games, but the pawn shops have been very good to me.

I've never actually seen a UPS driver stop moving. Every one I've had (something like five) will leave their box and fastwalk straight back to their truck whenever possible; I always just assumed they had tight schedules.
Last edited by herby190 at Apr 3, 2015,
I have amazon prime and spend literally thousands of dollars a year on amazon.

0 complaints.
ayy lmao