Is there a device that emulates a speaker for heads that only have speaker outputs, allowing you to use headphones? If not, are there any computer programs? I was thinking a cab plugin might work.
The head amplifier would need to have some sort of headphone out signal port that can safely be used when not connected to a load/mutes the load. If you're trying to hook up the speaker out port on the head to headphones, you'll be sending a powered signal through those tiny headphones. You'll likely damage both the amp and the phones.

You can get/make a load box of sorts, but you'll still have to match the output to work with headphones n such and I'm not sure how that would all work, or if it would even work at all.

It would be better to invest in something like a Pocket POD that you can hook up to an audio interface to a DAW with cab sims.
Something from these guys
www.two-notes.com/en/hardware/torpedo-cab/
But they aren't cheap.

Weber makes a load box that has a headphone out built in

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/hpa50.htm
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The Weber one is garbage, just FYI. Not a good product. It doesn't actually have speaker emulation either. Not recommended.
Quote by Roc8995
The Weber one is garbage, just FYI. Not a good product. It doesn't actually have speaker emulation either. Not recommended.

Good to know, I've never used any of the Weber attenuators. Looks good on paper though
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It's disappointing. The MASS attenuators are quite good and Weber makes fantastic speakers, but the headphone tap was just unusable in the way it was intended. Perhaps plugging it into a POD or DAW to give some emulation would yield better results, but at that point you've taken the amp itself far out of the equation.
Quote by FatalGear41
Take a look at Mesa's CabClone device:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/cabinets--simulators/guitar-cabinets--simulators/guitar-cabinet-simulator/cab-clone.html

People who have used it tell me it is fantastic for many applications; including headphone use. It sells for about US$300.00.

No, sorry, also not a good device.

Palmer, Two-Notes and others make loadboxes with exactly what you need, however.
Finally I have the knowledge to make a /thread post. Yay!

No, in all seriousness. ADA GCS-3. Not too expensive (just a little more than a H&K Red Box), I'm told it is really reliable, has EVERYTHING you need from a Cabinet Simulator. Word of warning: it is NOT A LOAD BOX, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR AMP CONNECTED TO A SPEAKER OR OTHER LOAD!!!.

Otherwise, the Two Notes Torpedo Reload is awesome, but hella expensive (not for what it really is, though).

Please excuse that^, I just don't feel like being responsible for someone killing their gear, y'know?
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
^The ADA GCS-3 is $200 AUD brand new. Gear down here is almost twice as expensive as everywhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a used one for less than $100 USD/£75/€80. That would be a bargain for what it is IMHO.
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Quote by Roc8995
It's disappointing. The MASS attenuators are quite good and Weber makes fantastic speakers, but the headphone tap was just unusable in the way it was intended. Perhaps plugging it into a POD or DAW to give some emulation would yield better results, but at that point you've taken the amp itself far out of the equation.

Pretty much, I've used to have a miniMASS and I can tell you the headphone out on that one isn't very good either. first off its only in mono so you only have sound in one headphone and on top of that there is no cab simulation so it doesn't sound very good.

Edit: I guess its not even a 'headphone out' technically, just a line out. Point still stands, sounds like crap with headphones.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Apr 4, 2015,