I've been having some recent trouble with my 2008 Les Paul Studio. When I switch from the neck to the bridge, sometimes the output on the bridge pickup seems to either die or cut out completely. Sometimes it works fine, but I'm not sure exactly what is happening. When in full on distortion, sometimes when I make the switch, the output is so low you can barely hear it. Is this a problem with the switch? I thought of maybe spraying some contact cleaner to see if it would work, but I'm thinking I may also need a new switch. Thanks for the help.
Start with contact cleaner... Spray.. Toggle back and forth... Spray again. If that doesn't fix it, get a Switchcraft replacement and solder it in exactly like your old one. If your not familiar with a soldering iron, take it to the repair shop.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Quote by Auriemma
Start with contact cleaner... Spray.. Toggle back and forth... Spray again. If that doesn't fix it, get a Switchcraft replacement and solder it in exactly like your old one. If your not familiar with a soldering iron, take it to the repair shop.

AFAIK Gibson uses Switchcraft as standard.
OP try blowing out your pots as well. I had a Trad + that did this and it turned out to be dirt in the volume pot.

OH and watch the contact cleaner around the finish. Not sure what it'll do to nitro.
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Apr 4, 2015,
Just had same problem with the neck pickup on my PRS. Re-soldered the toggle switch. Took 2 minutes. All good now.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
Happened to every guitar I own with that kind of switch. Seems to be a fault in the design. It happens once, and then it's fine for months sometimes. There's a video of James Hetfield having the problem you're describing during a gig, so it happens to everyone.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
+1 clean and/or resolder the switch. that has happened to me before.

i would also advise caution with contact cleaner and nitro, i don't know if it would be bad, but it could. better safe than sorry.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/