It's literally a minor pentatonic scale with a chromatic passing tone between the 4th and 5th.

Nothing super about it.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
The 30 seconds starting at 4:28 was the best part of the whole video.

Quote by Jet Penguin
It's literally a minor pentatonic scale with a chromatic passing tone between the 4th and 5th.

Nothing super about it.

So Berklee made you cynical about scales in addition to jazz?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
No, It just made me realize that there aren't thousands of them and there's a better way to organize them than re-naming one every time you add an extra color note.

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Why not just tell Crayola to label their crayons with hextriplets instead of names?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Because crayola doesn't call them "red" and "slightly more red"

And for the record, I dunno if I believe if anything can be special.

And he didn't call it the "blues scale" and "slightly more bluesy scale" so...

He also didn't call it a special scale either.
so its literally minor pentatonic with passing notes

super blues? really?

btw i made a super jazz scale. its every note. enjoy you guys, im a genius.
See, I'm not alone.

Quote by Jet Penguin

Nothing super about it.

Well plus the major. I'm with you though, I just consider it a simple variation of the blues/minor scale. But for those guitarists who need to give a scale a name they can call it "super" if they like.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Let Marty off the hook. He didn't call it "Super Blues Scale". That's my nickname for it.

He calls it the "Blues Scale with some extra notes to make it more interesting".
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. This is my religion." -- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by Virgman at Apr 5, 2015,