long story short, want to build a new pc. first build, obv. want to keep as cheap as possible, but looking for something to handle high performance with current games and stay current for a hopeful ~5 years or so. looking for input on the parts list I've compiled; bad ideas, unnecessary components, bottlenecks, etc.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=32498987
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Last edited by shadowsoldier08 at Apr 3, 2015,
If you want their help why don't you go into their thread?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
a wise fisherman will cast more than just one line
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
A wise fisherman goes to the Computer Thread to ask about computers.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
A wise fisherman goes to the Computer Thread to ask about computers.

Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Delete system... argh I can't do it, the next one is a perma

I'm a pussy
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Can't see your list. Re-do it on http://pcpartpicker.com/ or at least take a screen shot.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Buy a playstation. It's easier, plus, you can get trophies for doing your homework. Gotta get dem plats.
Outside of Roller Coaster Tycoon and Sim City there aren't even any good PC games. Just get a Super Nintendo and Earthbound, Super Metroid, Super Mario, A Link to the Past, and Tecmo Super Bowl I, II, and III you will be happy.
Quote by shadowsoldier08
long story short, want to build a new pc. first build, obv. want to keep as cheap as possible, but looking for something to handle high performance with current games and stay current for a hopeful ~5 years or so. looking for input on the parts list I've compiled; bad ideas, unnecessary components, bottlenecks, etc.

have you tried posting in the computer thread?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Just get all the Nintendo handhelds and all their consoles from the Gamecube back and you'll be set for life, or at least a few years
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by Baby Joel
have you tried posting in the computer thread?

Don't you know the old saying, "A great fisherman never chooses his own lure?"

Get an i7. Get windows 7 over 8.1. Get an SSD in addition to your HDD. If you need to save money get a cheaper GPU and monitor. That is unless you want to spend even more money in 2 or 3 years time when you start upgrading.

Also, liquid coo0ling >> air cooling.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Quote by shadowsoldier08

derped the old link, but as far as i know i cant play pc games on a ps4 soooooo

So, first off, you seriously don't need a full tower. They're ****ing HUGE. You don't need all that space unless you're going to be doing some really crazy shit. Seeing as this is your first PC, I doubt you're going to do that. I went through and found this one, here (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139041) I kept the side panel window and the red LED fans, as it looked like you had a red theme going with your parts. I don't care for style when it comes to computers though. I stick with black monolithic cases and stick whatever I want in there, soooo...

As a rule of thumb when it comes to high end AMD cards, if it was 3 fans it's good, if it was 2 it's shit. Also, Sapphire make the best aftermarket AMD cards, so you can get a better and cheaper version of that card here: (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202143) or, if you can find a little extra money in your budget, here's the next step up in that card for a bit more money: (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202079)

Never heard of that power supply brand, but the reviews seem good. I always stick with more well known PSU brands.

Windows might be optional in your case. Windows 10 is going to drop in a few months, and in my experience the free beta is working pretty well, so you might want to go with that and save some money. Up to you though.

If you go with the case I picked out or you pick another, you might not need those fans anymore.

For CPU coolers, I always recommend the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. It's about half the price of the one you picked out, and it cools like a boss, but again you have that red theme going, soooo...

That hard drive is way too expensive. Here's a 2TB version of that same drive for $50 less: (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236624). If you don't need that much space, the 1TB version is around $70.

I'd also really recommend getting an SSD. The prices on them have fallen drastically, and now there really isn't much of a reason to not get one if you're spending over a grand on a PC. I have 2 of these in my rig: (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820173011) so I say go for one of them. Put your OS, most used programs, and any games that do a lot of reading and writing from the hard drive on there (Minecraft is a good example). Put everything else on your regular HDD.

Everything else looks good though. Next time, bring it in to the computer thread to ignore all the trolls and asshats who don't know what they're talking about.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
something something delete system32

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by metal4eva_22
Get an i7. Get windows 7 over 8.1. Get an SSD in addition to your HDD. If you need to save money get a cheaper GPU and monitor. That is unless you want to spend even more money in 2 or 3 years time when you start upgrading.

Also, liquid coo0ling >> air cooling.

if he wants to game then i5s are fine.

Ok **** you iPad i just wrote some nice other stuff but then my oage refreshed and it deleted itself grrrrr.

Ok so let's try that again.

MIDI towers will work fine for your build.

27" monitor is sexy but if you don't mind then you could save a little on something smaller. I have a 24" dick wait wut. No monitor and it does gaming and tv/film viewing more than good enough.

Go for more than 750gb HDD. WD is a great brand but overpriced. Get an SSD for your OS.

Also you might want to either get W7 for cheaper then upgrade to W10 for free. Or even save more by pirating.

I don't know much about cooling but your parts look pretty cheap, don't skimp out on those for sure.

AMD are dropping their new line of GPUs soon so expect better options soon. Currently in the GTX 970 is slightly better and only a little more in price so would suggest that. Or wait for AMDs new line for prices to be lowered across the market.

What are your desired benchmarks btw for gaming?
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Last edited by Nero Galon at Apr 4, 2015,
Quote by Nero Galon
if he wants to game then i5s are fine.

If he wants to game he should get a Nintendo console.
Quote by theogonia777

But he's not a peasant
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I bought an SSD the other day to find my motherboard has no sata3 connectors. very balls

I got it for like 50 bucks tho, sweet deal
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Apr 4, 2015,
Quote by UltimateGuizar
If I heat my solid state hard drive until it becomes a gaseous state hard drive, would that enable cloud computing?

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by theogonia777

why get a nintendo console when he can get a badass computer that runs badass games, and run emulators of any old system he wants?
Quote by The4thHorsemen
why get a nintendo console when he can get a badass computer that runs badass games, and run emulators of any old system he wants?

Because it would cost more, games are more fun on their actual console, games are more fun with the controller that they were designed for, games are more fun on an 80s TV than a computer screen, etc. It's just all around more fun and wholesome, etc.