Hey guys! In a puzzling request, a colleague of mine asked me to compose some pieces for a supposed Egyptian-themed prog album, despite not having started writing for it himself. He gave me no real direction so I didn't think too much of it, but it seemed like a fun personal challenge.

The first piece is a run of the mill harmonic/Hungarian minor piece with pounding drums and a super cheesy call and response. I think it works good as an introductory piece.

Egypt2 is a bit more my style and quite a contrast; having only ocarina, strings, and drums. I tried to give the drums a tribal sound and used a Native American folk approach for the melody. The recurring motif that starts bar 22 sounds odd but I was trying to keep away from the tropes I used in the first piece.

Lastly, I went to Sibelius and wrote Sand of the Hourglass. I'm too lazy to export it to GP so I just left it as WAV. Whereas the first two pieces were energetic, this one is tranquil and probably my favorite thing I've written in quite a while. My intention is to give off a desert oasis lounge bar or something idk lol

So I hope you enjoy, and feel free to give tips on how to make the Egyptian themes less generic

(Ok WAV isn't accepted and it's too big as a RAR file (40mb) so I have to upload it elsewhere, I hope that is okay!)

Sand of the Hourglass
(You don't have to download, just stream it.)
Attachments:
egypt.gp5
egypt2.gp5
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
I'm playing wit her booty
in the back seat
M A D D E N