Hey guys!
I've recently bought a PRS Guitar! My very first electric guitar, yay me!
Anyways. I've bought the PRS SE Standard 22 TB, and I absolutely love it! A couple of days later I then saw there was a PRS SE Standard 245 TB, and it's hardly cost anything more than my recent purchase. My question is, is the 245 ALOT better than the 22?
Absolutely not, the difference will be very small in terms of quality at the very most, most likely non existent and certainly for your first guitar you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Either are very nice for a first electric.

The difference is mostly in the specs, with different pickups and scale lengths. The 22 also has better upper fret access which is generally better. I don't really know a great deal about the SE pickups but they are all generally ok to good. I've played a couple of the Tremonti signatures (I think?) and they sounded nice, but I don't know what pickups they are lol.

You would be better off to save the money to upgrade pickups like Seymour Duncan later on.

Buying online is always a bit of a gamble in terms of the guitar you get, and since you love the 22 I definitely suggest to keep it.
Quote by Cathbard
You, my man, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Quote by Knarrenheino
You hold your guitar upwards from your lap like an erect phallus and tell me I have problems?
^
The PRS singlecut and custom models have the same lower cutaway, so fret access is equal on them.

The only big difference is the 1/2" in scale length and pickups
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Just for general information, the PRS Standard Series are a newly introduced budget line, made in Indonesia.

Until we have side-by-side comparison with the Korean, don't assume they're spec'ed exactly the same as the models used to be.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR
Just for general information, the PRS Standard Series are a newly introduced budget line, made in Indonesia.

Until we have side-by-side comparison with the Korean, don't assume they're spec'ed exactly the same as the models used to be.

Actually the SE Standard line was around until 5-7 yrs ago, PRS is bringing them back is all

I haven't heard anything about the SE being made anywhere but Korea
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
No, but the less expensive Standard range they introduced just recently are made in Indonesia.

From Thomann (Tremonti model):

http://bdbo.thomann.de/thumb/bdb2500/pics/bdbo/9434216.jpg

"Built by PT Wildwood under exclusive license for PRS Guitars"

From Andertons:

"This is the PRS SE Standard 22 from Indonesia and you will not believe how much guitar you can get for your money with this new standard line."

http://www.andertons.co.uk/solid-body-electric-guitars/pid36639/cid671/prs-se-standard-22-electric-guitar-in-tobacco-sunburst.asp
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
^ haven't seen that.
I have a G&L Tribute that is made in Indo, and it is a very nice guitar so it may not be a bad thing

But on the PRS site (USA) it doesn't list the SE standard line
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The SE Standard line is only marketed in Europe at the moment. No word from PRS if the SE Standard line will be coming stateside.