New Aluminum Falcon III!

So I was in the market for a new OD and started looking at Klones. I had a Bad Monkey on my board for a while but couldn't get it quite as clean as I wanted to so I decided to look for something a little closer to a clean boost/OD. As I was looking for pedals I saw a lot of people saying this application is where Klons shined. Being that I don't have $2000 to burn or the space on my board for that large of an OD I started looking at Klones.

My initial reaction was to buy a Soul Food since they are $65 or so new. As I started looking around though, I became intrigued by all of the handmade Klones on the market. I eventually settled on a Piedmont Custom Electronics Aluminum Falcon III. The great reviews of the pedal, the cost ($100 for a handmade pedal), plus when I realized they were made about 45 minutes from where I live led me to this decision. A Facebook message on Monday and it was in my hand on Thursday.

The pedal is amazing. It works well pushing the tubes in my VK112 which is an area I was kind of wary when buying this pedal. The VK is a good amp but for some reason I didn't have the highest hopes for how it would react to a clean boost, but it sounds great adding a little crunch from the preamp tubes. My favorite use though is stacked in front of my OCD. It thickens things up and sounds great. Overall a great pedal that I'll probably use as an always on with the gain at about 9 o'clock to help thicken up my cleans and stack with other OD. It cleans up well with slight adjustments to the volume knob on my guitar and is overall a very solid pedal. Plus it's handmade by a small company in the US which helps feed my suppressed hipsterness
Guitars:
PRS SE Custom 24
Partscaster
MIM Tele
Gear:
Em Drive Clone (w/ Klon buffer) > Paramount Clone > OCD > Westminster Effects Knox 800 > ISP Decimator > m5 > Nova Repeater > Trinity T2 > W.E. Sturgeon Reverb > AC15C1
Bitchin. Might have to get me one of these. Didn't realize they were so cheap.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Bitchin. Might have to get me one of these. Didn't realize they were so cheap.

Buyer beware. Glad OP got his, but PCE has one of the shadiest histories of any pedal company. Lots of people never got what they paid for.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Yeah I had seen some stuff about that, but was able to communicate very quickly and easily with him through Facebook. He seemed like a really nice dude and with my positive experience I'm hoping that he has gotten everything figured out because he makes a very good product
Guitars:
PRS SE Custom 24
Partscaster
MIM Tele
Gear:
Em Drive Clone (w/ Klon buffer) > Paramount Clone > OCD > Westminster Effects Knox 800 > ISP Decimator > m5 > Nova Repeater > Trinity T2 > W.E. Sturgeon Reverb > AC15C1
Last edited by Sox0690 at Apr 4, 2015,
Quote by mmolteratx
Buyer beware. Glad OP got his, but PCE has one of the shadiest histories of any pedal company. Lots of people never got what they paid for.

Yeah I was just going to say that. There was a massive thread about it on TGP. I have no dog in the race or anything like that, and I'm glad if anyone who paid got theirs, but I want to warn people as well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?