Poll: Do you browse UG on a mobile device often?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you browse UG on a mobile device often?
Yes
56 49%
No
59 51%
Voters: 115.
Page 1 of 25
UPDATE2: New Beta Version Available: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1674211&goto=lastpost#966
UPDATE1: Extension is currently not compatible with the new UG forum. Please disable UUGE if you have it installed until I can sort things out. Thanks.

Chrome (Latest version: 1.4.1007) - Firefox (Latest Version: 1.4.1007)

So I wrote a browser extension.

Introducing the Unofficial Ultimate-Guitar Enhancer!

This is a once-tiny browser extension written by yours truly that aims to modernize the Ultimate-Guitar forum experience by providing many awesome enhancements.

Example:

UUGE supports custom avatars of sizes up to 175x256 pixels.

1) Larger forum widths:

2) Large images auto-downscaled:

Clicking on any downscaled image will revert it to its original size.

UUGE supports extra emoticons:

Clicking on the #PostID next to any post will cause a dropdown menu to appear as such. You can ignore any user, or simply ignore their UUGE-enhanced avatars or signatures.

UUGE supports basic embedding of certain elements. Example:

Supported embeds:

Straw Polls
Steam Products
Imgur Albums
SoundCloud Pages

UUGE supports rendering signature images. Example:

Comes with almost all the features you'd expect from the normal post reply screen and a few more

Installing UUGE:

UUGE is available on both Chrome and Firefox. Extension links are at the top of this post.

Firefox users: Drag the downloaded .xpi into the about:addons page.

Updating UUGE:

Chrome: Head to the extensions page, check the box labelled 'Developer mode', then click 'Update Extensions Now'

Firefox: Download the latest .xpi and drag it in as you normally would when installing.

Changing UUGE Options:

Chrome: Head to the extensions page, scroll down to UUGE, and click 'Options'.

Firefox: Head to the Addons page, click on UUGE's 'Options' button, then hit 'Modify Settings'.

FAQ:

1) Get my own custom avatar? Simply post the image you want as an avatar in this thread. Maximum size: 175x256px / 1 megabyte.

2) Add images to my signature? Edit your signature normally through UG and paste the urls of whatever images you want. Maximum 5 images per signature.

3) Embed content into my posts? Paste the url leading to whatever you want embedded into your post. UUGE does the rest.

1) Some UUGE feature: Head to the options screen (instructions above) and see if I've provided a way to disable whatever it is you don't like. If you don't see what you're looking for, let me know in this thread.

2) Someone else's UUGE Avatar/Signature: See the spoiler titled 'Working Ignore Lists' above.

Will add
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Feb 15, 2016,
Looks cool, but I wish you had a firefox extension. I keep wanting to change over to chrome, but there are a few things about chrome that really irritate me.
if you wanted me to leave ug you could've just asked insted of making a public thread
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by The4thHorsemen
Looks cool, but I wish you had a firefox extension. I keep wanting to change over to chrome, but there are a few things about chrome that really irritate me.
I'll try to get a Firefox version working, although it'll be my first firefox addon so I might take a while.
ggg1 ggg3

Sweeeeet

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
This is pretty sweet
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by behind_you
I'll try to get a Firefox version working, although it'll be my first firefox addon so I might take a while.

cool beans
Need to get back to my desktop to try it but I think it's pretty cool when people mod things like this.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
ok but can you also make an avatar for me
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Is there a way for this to work without needing to post the request of resizing the image on this thread? Because when I resized the gif to the maximum size after I installed the extension, and tried to make it my avatar, nothing happened.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Is there a way for this to work without needing to post the request of resizing the image on this thread? Because when I resized the gif to the maximum size after I installed the extension, and tried to make it my avatar, nothing happened.
Sorry, I explained it poorly

Post the larger avatar you want in a reply to this thread, I do the adding
ggg1 ggg3

whoa the big avatar thing is weird

and also can you pls make me an avatar
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Last edited by eGraham at Apr 4, 2015,
Quote by eGraham
ok but can you also make an avatar for me
do you want an avatar of you missing xerath ult
ggg1 ggg3

You'd have too many to choose from

if you want something easy, go potato themed
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by behind_you
Sorry, I explained it poorly

Post the larger avatar you want in a reply to this thread, I do the adding

Yeah hang on a moment

EDIT:
Quote by TheSennaj
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 4, 2015,
Holy shit this isn't obnoxious at all

I think I'll change it. It makes my eyes bleed
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Holy shit this isn't obnoxious at all

I think I'll change it. It makes my eyes bleed
No problem, can change as often as you'd like

Don't work me too hard '^'
ggg1 ggg3

please

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by Will Lane
... can we get name changes also

don't worry i'm on it
superman is killing himself tonight
@Jam done

Quote by Will Lane
... can we get name changes too?
Sorry, I'd only be able to 'spoof' usernames with this sort of approach, and doing that would just confuse everyone.

You'd have to contact UG admins.
ggg1 ggg3

thanks bae

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
What is this
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.