Hi, I want to build a strat style guitar with a humbucker in the bridge position, and the humbucker I want to use is single coil sized. Does this mean I can just put it straight into a standard strat pick guard? The reason I'm unsure is because the bridge pickup is angled for SSS strats and whenever I've seen a HSS strat the humbucker has been full sized and parallel to the bridge. Would it be bad for a humbucker to be angled like a single coil would be? Thanks.
Yes, you can drop it straight in.

Pickups don't ever have to be angled or non-angled, it's just a matter of preference. With angled humbuckers it can be a little harder to line up the pole pieces with the strings, and the route has to be slightly larger, plus it simply takes up more space on the pickguard and might look cluttered. So you can angle a humbucker, it's just not very popular for practical/aesthetic reasons.
I second that , that strat sized mini humbuckers are a direct replacement. You can go with any brand Lace, seymour duncan , dimarzio and so forth. The cheapest yet most tedious to work with is the 6$ (with free shipping) ebay ones. The only pain in the "Arse" about them is their plastic baseplates.

here's some insight though
you get more volume , output and so forth
you can coiltap/coilsplit them for that SSS tone if you wanted
and no hum in that position because there is two miniature coils inside the pickup.

as always see what the guitar needs. I know plenty of guys who use 3 strat mini humbuckers in their guitars. The first name that comes to my mind is Yngwie Malmsteen.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, you can drop it straight in.

Pickups don't ever have to be angled or non-angled, it's just a matter of preference. With angled humbuckers it can be a little harder to line up the pole pieces with the strings, and the route has to be slightly larger, plus it simply takes up more space on the pickguard and might look cluttered. So you can angle a humbucker, it's just not very popular for practical/aesthetic reasons.

Quote by Tallwood13
I second that , that strat sized mini humbuckers are a direct replacement. You can go with any brand Lace, seymour duncan , dimarzio and so forth. The cheapest yet most tedious to work with is the 6$ (with free shipping) ebay ones. The only pain in the "Arse" about them is their plastic baseplates.

here's some insight though
you get more volume , output and so forth
you can coiltap/coilsplit them for that SSS tone if you wanted
and no hum in that position because there is two miniature coils inside the pickup.

as always see what the guitar needs. I know plenty of guys who use 3 strat mini humbuckers in their guitars. The first name that comes to my mind is Yngwie Malmsteen.

Great, thanks for the information guys, I really appreciate it.