Is anyone else running into this problem? For example, I've been using this DVD, "Getting Started on Electric Guitar" with Keith Wyatt. Although there are graphic examples of chord fingerings, this isn't always the case, and I just can't tell how he's making some of these chords! Anybody else experiencing this? If they would just demonstrate more graphically it would be great.
what you need is a new amp.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Joking - How's this fingering? Someone had to do it.....

Seriously - just look at the tab sections here or on songsterr if your struggling. Which chords are you having problems with?
Last edited by Hamsterspanker at Apr 4, 2015,
if you cant use your eyes, use your ears.

at least the video is giving you an approximation.
no but i sure could see through my 8th grade english teacher's blouse that one day BOO-YEAH
Quote by rickyj
if you cant use your eyes, use your ears.

at least the video is giving you an approximation.
I'm just a little bit drunk and didn't really pick up on what OP is saying, but as a regular tabber, I agree entirely with this statement. While your eyes are obviously superior, your ears are very capable of learning what your eyes can't see. You just have to jump the hurdle and try, if you will. And the approximation the video gives is definitely a good reference to doing that.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 5, 2015,
Quote by MinterMan22
no but i sure could see through my 8th grade english teacher's blouse that one day BOO-YEAH

:')
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Hamsterspanker

Seriously - just look at the tab sections here or on songsterr if your struggling. Which chords are you having problems with?

HK-47, is that you?
I thought this thread is gonna be about teacher rape

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Can't it still be about that?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by pointnplink
Although there are graphic examples of chord fingerings, this isn't always the case, and I just can't tell how he's making some of these chords!

This is one of the many reasons I took private lessons. So much better when someone can sit down and explain things to you rather than talk at you.
Quote by Hamsterspanker
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

A5
Quote by MinterMan22

Those randy English teachers are the ones parents have to look out for! I had one, too!
And so did my buddy!
I noticed one instructional vid on the net, where a guy had chosen to film his fret work from an angle above the level of the fretboard, so a viewer could almost see UNDERNEATH his fingers. This was extremely helpful in determining what strings were being pressed where. I would further suggest that the camera be set from behind the instructor, and above level of the fretboard. This may provide some additional help.
Alternatively, a small colour-coded graphic(each finger a different colour) in corner.

You know, a not ******ed method.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I find that I never have this problem with guitar teachers who have no fingers

this is why screening your teachers is very important
just learn by tabs and songsterr
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank