Page 1 of 2
Hi everyone! (and by everyone I mean the few of you that are left )

I'm shure everyone is familiar with the concept but if you're not:

Here's how it works:

• Check the file in the last post and if you want do add your part call your turn
  • You have up to 4 hours to come up with your part, after that time someone else can call the turn
  • After you're done upload the file to your post
  • Repeat ad nauseum and enjoy!

Before you start please read the rules:
  • ONLY GP5 ALLOWED! THIS MEANS NO GP6/TUX GUITAR/GP4, ETC.The reason for this is because Tux Guitar glitches the drumtrack into a piano one, rendering it uneditable in GP5, and other programs remove the F10 feature, which will screw up others eventually!If you neglect this rule your contributions will be ignored and you will have wasted your time.
  • No genre/bar restrictions! Fell free to continue with the song as you please and unlike some other collabs in the past (goddamn it Drapte ) there is no silly 4 bar limit! Just please keep in mind the 4 hour deadline! Also yes, musical trolling is allowed
  • If you want to change the tone of an instrument or it's properties use F10, but if you want other tunings/more layers go ahead and add more tracks. Just be reasonable since most of the time there isn't any need to add more, and that it makes the files laggy and practically useless after 10 or more tracks. I even set the tunings with that in mind so you have extended range from the get go
  • Don't edit any part that isn't yours, but you can change up to the last 4 bars if you want to make it flow better
  • When the file gets too big too large to upload, put it in a Zip file.
  • Label the beginning of your section with your username so it looks nice and tidy. It also makes it easier for people to fellate your e-penis.

Here you go:
Attachments:
collab.gp5
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Last edited by Ometh at Apr 8, 2015,
I'll take the first one then

EDIT: Done!
Attachments:
Plastic Cities.gp5
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Apr 5, 2015,
This looks interesting. Time to rui- I mean embellish this piece with my swag.

edit: Awwww yeaaaaahhh
Attachments:
erotic koolaid man.gp5
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
I'm playing wit her booty
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Last edited by imspazzen at Apr 5, 2015,
Your part was awesome imspazzen, you trully made MIDI your bitch. This is turning to be one of the best collabs I've seen in a couple of years, I just hope we can keep this up for quite a while.

I'm next

EDIT: Got bored midway so yeah.
Attachments:
heyoo.gp5
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by Ometh at Apr 5, 2015,
Since D2BII decided to repeat the previous section and since I'm a detail whore I decided to fix it so the synths play on all repeats.
Attachments:
whatamIdoingwithmylifeFIXEDMETH.gp5
Quote by slapsymcdougal
OK, I don't wanna brag but this riff is absolutely revolutionary. I actually had to plug my guitar into GP because I didn't know if I could transcribe it accurately. I'm kinda apprehensive to share it with you guys... but here goes.

Can you believe I've been playing guitar for only 5 years?
Attachments:
good riff plz rate.gp5
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
in the back seat
M A D D E N
oo oo me next!

edit: jfc spazzen can i change that

actually **** it i guess you can call it drone
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Apr 5, 2015,
MIDI drone is something that should never exist.

You can kill the tempo change but don't desecrate my art any further.
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
in the back seat
M A D D E N
lol sound just stopped working on my laptop

but im done

if you guys want to stay at the same tempo but use straight eighth notes rather than triplets (triplets are harder to deal with) i think you would change the tempo to around 95-100, and switch out of triplets. I just used triplets because it made sense at 157 (and if i changed tempo and time sig i would've had to rewrite the rhythm piano).

edit: 178 was my attempt at testing which tempo worked best but my sound ****ed up. just remove that bit.

edit2: i just realized how weird 138-139 sounds if you're not used to it yet it's basically from ometh's part, bar 10.

edit3: By the way, this has been a sick collab. every part so far is class.
Attachments:
these spoons are dirty.gp5
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Apr 6, 2015,
im next

EDIT: I know the deadline is almost over but I can't write anything but grind really fast on GP so I'm still messing around with some idead. if someone wants to call the turn go ahead and I'll work my way in
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by Ometh at Apr 6, 2015,
RedDeath, your whole section reminds me of Motoi Sakuraba circa 2003. I like it.

You and D2BII have some really cool solo phrasing too. I wish I could write solos ;_;

^Ometh you should just loosen the deadline; people aren't frothing at the mouth in line so I don't think adding an hour or 2 would hurt.
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Last edited by imspazzen at Apr 6, 2015,
Quote by imspazzen
RedDeath, your whole section reminds me of Motoi Sakuraba circa 2003. I like it.

You and D2BII have some really cool solo phrasing too. I wish I could write solos ;_;

why do u think I'm taking so long? ripping off Reddeath is hard as shit
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by imspazzen

^Ometh you should just loosen the deadline; people aren't frothing at the mouth in line so I don't think adding an hour or 2 would hurt.

yeah you're right. I'm gonna make it 4 lol
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by imspazzen

Thank you! Truth be told, I've always been impressed with your use of synths. Still have no idea how you do it.

Truth. Tried to do the whole "two voice" thing for the keys, but ended up failing big time and scrapped it entirely.
Yeaaahhh I'm just gonna wait for the quality to slip before I jump back in

I definitely dig it but this is too far out of my element and I don't want to ruin it (yet).

Quote by D2BII
Thank you! Truth be told, I've always been impressed with your use of synths. Still have no idea how you do it.

It's probably because deep down I just want to make EDM. If my laptop could run FL Studios I probably would never have used GP for writing.
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Last edited by imspazzen at Apr 6, 2015,
I've always used GP, even when I've had/have FL Studios and Reaper at my disposal. Then again, I'm not making EDM...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
GP forces me to write differently, which is good I suppose. If I wrote guitar focused music I would probably choose GP over a DAW because guitar VSTs suck.
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Quote by imspazzen

aw, thanks to be fair, the chord progression underneath goes a long way in determining how good the solo itself is, and i basically just stole 138/142 from ometh's bar 10, and 162 was entirely taken from 46. The first 8 bars of the solo were based on the melody that YOU had written at 46, so you're not giving yourself enough credit i basically just added flairs to it.

im gonna have to check out motoi sakuraba, apparently he has written music for some games that i like

Quote by Ometh

just be pretentious as fuk.

seriously though this collab is sick. it has such a unique sound throughout. ****ing 108 is so cool. i see that 5/8 in the drums ometh kinda disappointing that the snare doesn't continue through bars 110-111 though.
Quote by RedDeath9
aw, thanks to be fair, the chord progression underneath goes a long way in determining how good the solo itself is, and i basically just stole 138/142 from ometh's bar 10, and 162 was entirely taken from 46. The first 8 bars of the solo were based on the melody that YOU had written at 46, so you're not giving yourself enough credit i basically just added flairs to it.

That explains why I hate blues solos. I can hear the reprisal of my sax solo now. Everything is just background music for my beatz so I didn't really remember it.

Quote by RedDeath9
im gonna have to check out motoi sakuraba, apparently he has written music for some games that i like

Listen to some battle/dungeon themes from StarOcean3.
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Quote by imspazzen
That explains why I hate blues solos. I can hear the reprisal of my sax solo now. Everything is just background music for my beatz so I didn't really remember it.

Listen to some battle/dungeon themes from StarOcean3.

I always did want to cover "The Divine Spirit of Language." Back when I first heard it, I wasn't able to figure out what was being played, and my technique wasn't up to snuff. Now--I might be able to kinda hack my way through.
Quote by RedDeath9
seriously though this collab is sick. it has such a unique sound throughout. ****ing 108 is so cool. i see that 5/8 in the drums ometh kinda disappointing that the snare doesn't continue through bars 110-111 though.

thanks man, means alot coming from you. yeah I agree with the snare but I got bored and I felt it worked alright as a transition. if I knew D2BII was going to repeat that section I'd had worked on it a little more. First time I'm worrying about transitions in a GP collab lol, and I think it shows
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by D2BII
I always did want to cover "The Divine Spirit of Language." Back when I first heard it, I wasn't able to figure out what was being played, and my technique wasn't up to snuff. Now--I might be able to kinda hack my way through.

I remember I made a piano arrangement of " Rust Color" (the theme for the mining town in the beginning) and my teacher said it was terrible and it crushed my feelings

But yeah the guitar leads on that soundtrack are really good; the guitar/sax tradeoffs in the bonus dungeon theme blew me away when I first heard it (I was like 10, ok).
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Quote by Ometh
thanks man, means alot coming from you. yeah I agree with the snare but I got bored and I felt it worked alright as a transition. if I knew D2BII was going to repeat that section I'd had worked on it a little more. First time I'm worrying about transitions in a GP collab lol, and I think it shows

I always try to keep elements of the previous previous section to try to sneak my parts in.

With that said--I'll take next, unless anyone has any objections.

EDIT: Done! Hope you guys like the set up.
Attachments:
What the Funk.zip
Last edited by D2BII at Apr 6, 2015,
Quote by imspazzen
I remember I made a piano arrangement of " Rust Color" (the theme for the mining town in the beginning) and my teacher said it was terrible and it crushed my feelings

But yeah the guitar leads on that soundtrack are really good; the guitar/sax tradeoffs in the bonus dungeon theme blew me away when I first heard it (I was like 10, ok).

Lol, I'm not judging. Cartoons and video games exposed me to a lot of music. I sometimes wonder what I'd be listening to now if I wasn't exposed to so much at a young age.
Setting up a dark atmosphere? I'll go next.

And I'm gonna be super cereal I promise.

edit: Ok this is why I don't write solos. Also, this isn't dark. But it's definitely a new direction

Also I just spent 7 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't upload it and then I realized it was saved as 7zip

EDIT2: Seriously, feel free to replace my solo
Attachments:
I brought the funk.zip
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Last edited by imspazzen at Apr 7, 2015,
If you guys don't like that section I can replace it. I initially started writing a creepy string/organ fugue and were going to move into a dark industrial section but it didn't feel like it was moving the piece and also sounded like shit.
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
in the back seat
M A D D E N
If you guys don't like that section I can replace it. I initially started writing a creepy string/organ fugue and were going to move into a dark industrial section but it didn't feel like it was moving the piece and also sounded like shit.

I thought the part was awesome. It legit kinda sounds reminds me of those old Adult Swim bumps . I just wish that there was a better transition into it.
Yeah I tried extending the synth fade-ins to smoothen the transition but the abrupt change ended up sounding better. In my mind I imagined the background sound of like a bar setting with murmurs and clinking glasses, which helped.

I'm gonna go to bed, but if you or anyone wants to try fixing that I don't care.
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
in the back seat
M A D D E N
I guess I'll get the next part. I'll try to smooth the transition as well.

EDIT: The transition from my part into Imspazzen's was pretty damn difficult. I kinda feel as if I cheesed it, if I'm to be perfectly honest. Hopefully it's not too bad of a transition. If you guys have any input on it, you could feel free to edit it as you wish.

As for the part after Imspazzen's-- .

I hope you guys don't hate me too much for that. I had to. It seemed too perfect not to.
Attachments:
Funk Wit Dre Day.zip
Last edited by D2BII at Apr 7, 2015,
Please tell me the file title is a joke

I was so happy about the lack of the metalcores,deathcores, brokodonos and djents
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I don't think it's possible to smoothen that transition D2BII

I'm home now though so I'll sit at the piano and see if I can insert a section that can at least calm the tempo down. (Someone else can still have their turn; I'm just editing my earlier part.)

edit: Yeah, the most recent file is screwed up. I'm just gonna use Funk w/Dre for the time being.
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Last edited by imspazzen at Apr 8, 2015,
Page 1 of 2