Hey guys

Iv got a Marshall 2204 clone combo and was thinking of getting an MXR KFK (as it's cheaper) to help tweak my tone a bit more. But my amp has no FX loop unfortunately .

How much effect would it have with the EQ in front of the amp, as most of what Iv read recommended to have it in the loop for most effective adjustments.

I want to keep the basic tone of my amp as it is amd just boost it and tweak the sharp highs and fatten it up a bit.
I use the volume controls on my Les Paul for tone a lot too.
If it's just a slight tweaking it might work. Think of the way a tube screamer affects the tone of in front of a dirty amp; it'll probably be like that. Not as pronounced as an fx loop but noticeable enough,
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
it will work fine for what you want to do. keep in mind that EQ pedals were around before fx loops and guys like Randy Rhodes used them as part of their pedal board. it will take some time to tinker with it and set the eq curve just right.
^ yeah it should be just fine up front.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it can work well. [when my 10 band was still working] i would take a little bit of treble off of the top on my telecaster a long time ago when i had my egnater renegade, i just used it for the tele, i didn't need it with the LP.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Got my KFK this morning. Only had a quick play but it's awesome so far.
Finally got my neck pickup to sound full and articulate rather than flabby and loose.

Can't wait till I figure out how to use it!!