So i have a bit of cash left after my recent Strat purchase and was just looking at Vintage LP's and just wondered if anyone has tried one and if they are worth a look?They are super cheap.Are they terrible or decent for the price?How do they stack up against say an Epi?
Thanks in advance
Vintage as in the company? I've got a Vintage V100 Les Paul, about 5 years old and I prefer it over every epiphone LP i've tried out, the neck is surprisingly thin for a LP but isn't ridiculously thin, if you can deal with it weighing as much as a tank it's worth picking up, the stock pickups are surprisingly good but I swapped them out for a set of EMGs, hardware is decent though the finish on the bridge (mine is gold) is wearing but it plays pretty great, especially for how much it costs
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Quote by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
Some of them are really good, some of them are downright god awful. It even varies among models made by the same manufacturer. Imho, the only ones looking at are Ibanez, Electra and Greco lawsuit era LP clones. I've only played a 70s Ibanez LP clone. It was really good but needed a refret. I wouldn't sink more than like $500 into one, personally.

EDIT; Silly me I forgot Vintage was actually a brand. Yeah I don't know about those.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Last edited by TheStig1214 at Apr 5, 2015,
Quote by 'DC fan
Vintage as in the company? I've got a Vintage V100 Les Paul, about 5 years old and I prefer it over every epiphone LP i've tried out, the neck is surprisingly thin for a LP but isn't ridiculously thin, if you can deal with it weighing as much as a tank it's worth picking up, the stock pickups are surprisingly good but I swapped them out for a set of EMGs, hardware is decent though the finish on the bridge (mine is gold) is wearing but it plays pretty great, especially for how much it costs

Yeah Vintage the brand.So the stock pups are ok?Not muddy at all?Nice clarity?I play mainly clean or with slight o/d.They are really cheap.Saw a 'Lemon Drop' V100 for like £260.I actually like heavy guitars.
Last edited by EyeballPaul at Apr 5, 2015,
I don't think I've tried any of the Vintage LPs, but if they have the wilkinson pickups I think they're probably reasonable/decent.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I can pretty much confirm everything DC Fan said. I've replaced the tuners with a PRS SE set I got dirt cheap, but only because I hate the look of traditional snot green ones. Pickups are decent, nut is good, electronics are fine, hardware is solid.
Overall, I prefer it to pretty much any epiphone I've tried.
The only real down side is the weight, but if you like heavy guitars, you'll love it.
Thanks for your help guys.I'm gonna grab the Lemon Drop one.Reviews are good but i never know wether to trust the reviews on the seller site,Needed some independant opinions.Cheers
Quote by EyeballPaul
Thanks for your help guys.I'm gonna grab the Lemon Drop one.Reviews are good but i never know wether to trust the reviews on the seller site,Needed some independant opinions.Cheers

You can't. They're usually incredibly biased wherever you look.

I've played a few Vintage models. They were okay I guess. They weren't anything too special.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
haven't tried a LP from them but i have their SG copy and it's really good. the pickups are a little on the dark side but with a tone teak at the amp they sound pretty good. prefer their SG to an Epi. overall they seem to make nice guitars and should get some more love than they do. they're tough to find in my part of the US and i get the feeling they don't find there way over here much.
Quote by CorrosionMedia
I can pretty much confirm everything DC Fan said. I've replaced the tuners with a PRS SE set I got dirt cheap, but only because I hate the look of traditional snot green ones. Pickups are decent, nut is good, electronics are fine, hardware is solid.
Overall, I prefer it to pretty much any epiphone I've tried.
The only real down side is the weight, but if you like heavy guitars, you'll love it.

+1

The stock tuners aren't that great, I changed mine, but then again that's because I dropped it onto concrete and the plastic tulip cracked, the rest of the tuner was fine, it's solidly built and survived, bar a couple of paint chips
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Quote by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.