I'm in the market for a new acoustic within the next month or so and i'm looking for suggestions. If you suggest a specific guitar give me some reasons why you think i should add that instrument to my collection!! i have not had a nice acoustic so i'm open to anything.

Budget - $600 give or take. i"m willing to spend a little more for something significantly better.

Electric? - I would like to have an electric acoustic but it isn't something i need.

What am i using it for? - nothing to serious, i would like to start preforming a little but it will be used primarily for my own entertainment/practice.

Another thing i would love is a cutaway as i use the higher frets a good amount.

Thanks in advance!!
Id seriously look at Alvarez guitars. I have one and I love it. Feel great,sounds great, and is built with all natural materials. I have an AD60 but it sounds like you need the AG75ce. It has everything you mentioned and its only $499. Check it out
Seagull- Balanced tone and high build quality for such a low price. (best bang 4 the $$ IMO)
Yamaha- Consistent build quality and tone.
Takamine- More model variety but some very sweet players in the line.

I own a 15 yr old gull and a 40 yr old Yam. The Seagull S6+ is my current favorite.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Apr 5, 2015,