Hello!

I've had this guitar for a while, and now after returning home from a vacation, my high E string is out of tune and the fine tuner doesn't have the range to tune it.
The question is, how unpainfully can this go?

Can I just unscrew the nutscrew that the E and B string ''belongs'' to, tune it to my desired pitch, screw it back on and fine tune it?

Help would be appreciated.

/ A floyd rose newbie
I dont know too much about the floyd rose systems but in your position that is what i would do, loosen the nutscrew for the high E and B strings, tune them to your desired pitch, and carry on as needed
Quote by chizhio

Can I just unscrew the nutscrew that the E and B string ''belongs'' to, tune it to my desired pitch, screw it back on and fine tune it?

Yes. Although in doing that, you'll probably have to re-tune all the other strings too. Its part of the course with a Floyd.

Google has answers for pretty much any reasonable question on this topic. There are thousands of youtube videos on how to set up floyds.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 5, 2015,
Unscrew the entire locking nut, you will need to tune everything again. Reset the fine tuners to the middle of their range and tun the guitar. You're going to eventually run out of range on other strings, might as well retune the whole thing.
I agree with J_W. The Edge / Edge III work the same way any normal floyd rose do. They are surprisingly heavy too. Like one weighed more than my original 1000 I had.

so here's a step by step thing
Loosen the locking nut screws.
Put the fine tuners in the middle. Not too high not too low. The trick for those who use the fine tuners is to put the...
say the low E as high as it can go.
the D as low as it can go
the A in between
and then use the height of the A strings fine tuner as reference to put the others to that height

Afterwards re-tune the guitar and lock the nut again. You shouldn't have any problem as long as you keep the same gauge and tuning.