Going to my first concert and have no idea about seating, where would you suggest?

Page 1 of 2
So my favorite band will be in concert in Chicago(I live in Minnesota) which means I may have to fly. This is worth it because I have never been to an actual concert before so I am pretty excited. I don't know anything about seating so I was wondering where you would suggest based on the picture. It is outside. Closer is better in certain situations but I'm not sure of that is the case when it comes to live musical performances and some areas like the front are standing seats. All of This matters because tickets are pricey. Thank you!

Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Front of green section or back of yellow section

very front is the worst

well i guess it depends on who is performing and what kind of crowd shows up
ggg1 ggg3

Assuming it's some sort of rock band, I personally prefer the center or just off to one side, but not at the very front. On that chart I would probably pick any of the green sections. even the blue are probably fine.
This is a matter of personal preference and if you've never been to a concert before, I'm afraid we're of no help. You'd just need to decide how close you like being to the performers and whether or not you think the money's worth it.

In the past, I liked to be as close as I possibly could and in the action but nowadays I tend to chill in the back.

Each area comes with its pros and cons. In a seated venue, you don't have to worry as much about the cons of being in the front at a non-seated venue (such as being way too close to other people, physical and aggressive contact, etc.) so your concern should be about volume, really.
Last edited by chrismendiola at Apr 5, 2015,
Quote by behind_you
Front of green section or back of yellow section

very front is the worst

well i guess it depends on who is performing and what kind of crowd shows up

Why is the very worst? Its a rock band if anyone's wondering.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Get a seat over the wing. If the plane rips in half midflight it's least likely to break there so you won't have to die in freefall attached to your seat, which would be terrifying
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Quote by 457undead

- Too close to other people
- Sweat of other people
- Crowd surfers
- Stage divers
- Mosh pits
- Circle pits
- Really loud

If you get a tame crowd, you might not have to deal with this. Or maybe you'll like that sort of thing.
Quote by 457undead
Let me guess. Smashing Pumpkins?
Baha.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Faux
You definitely want to be in the pit if that's an option if it is your favorite band. Also how tall are you?

6 foot
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by 457undead
6 foot

Then definitely the pit (standing area). You don't want to be rocking out to your favorite band in the seating section, even if everyone is standing (and they will be) its not the same. The energy up front is an experience you'll want. And since you're tall you'll be able to see too . Don't listen to these suckers that want you to sit in the back and nod politely with your arms crossed.
Quote by Faux
Don't listen to these suckers that want you to sit in the back and nod politely with your arms crossed.

This whole "I'm more physically involved so I'm having more fun" attitude is so lame.
Quote by chrismendiola
This whole "I'm more physically involved so I'm having more fun" attitude is so lame.

Die

TS: Its really about wherever you'll feel most comfortable and have a good time, you don't have to mosh (if its the type of concert that might happen at) and being tall you'll see over the heads of the crowd. Choosing the pit gives you the option of being as close as you like, or far enough to still be comfortable. I like being closer cause I can see more details and I do like to dance depending on the music. But I am short so its hard to find a good angle to see as well sometimes .

edit: The very front of the last seating section might be the best ultimately, and if you feel the need to rage you can always hop the rail (but probably don't do that).
Last edited by Faux at Apr 5, 2015,
depends on the type of music. if its heavier shit I like to be close as possible.

lawn might be pretty fun for your first concert. you can move around a lot and meet a bunch of people and its really relaxed and chill. youll be really comfortable as long as the distance doesnt bother you
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Faux
Die

Be careful with all that edge. You might cut someone flailing your arms around fighting the air.

If it's a "most pit" band, I'll vouch to stay on the sides/backish area. I've never really liked being in any sort of pit. It's kinda stupid too, you can get hurt really easily :/ It is up to you. But if you want to appreciate the m00sic, the back calls you.
Quote by 457undead
6 foot

please be considerate of short people please

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
201 and 207 (in that picture) are the positioning I like to be in, but up front is amazing too, I can't do it for too long though 'cause my knees are buggered. Up front is really worth it if the band starts throwing picks and shit into the crowd. I have Ed Toth's drumstick

also long time no see.
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Apr 6, 2015,
Id go with the center green seats or yellow ones. Anything else is just going to be regret. Sitting too far away from the band sucks, and if it's a big place you wont get all of the sound, depending on where you get seated, so center green or yellow will be your best shot.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by Will Lane
If it's a "most pit" band, I'll vouch to stay on the sides/backish area. I've never really liked being in any sort of pit. It's kinda stupid too, you can get hurt really easily :/ It is up to you. But if you want to appreciate the m00sic, the back calls you.

Well the two main bands playing are the Smashing Pumpkins and marilyn manson. I am mainly going for the smashing pumpkins but i will watch both anyway. would you expect people to mosh to those? idk lol.

Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
please be considerate of short people please

6 foot isnt even really tall
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Where've you been, 14er' of the year?

Quote by Pastafarian96

also long time no see.

yeah, school and other things have kind of distracted me from posting here. maybe i should start doing it more often again,

Quote by c3powil
Id go with the center green seats or yellow ones. Anything else is just going to be regret. Sitting too far away from the band sucks, and if it's a big place you wont get all of the sound, depending on where you get seated, so center green or yellow will be your best shot.

Im kind of considering section 103, what do you think of that?

also everyone even if i dont respond im reading and considering everyones opinion
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Right behind some qt girl so you can "accidentally" rub all up on her buttocks.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Right behind some qt girl so you can "accidentally" rub all up on her buttocks.

better yet

lay down on the floor and get all up on them feet

Quote by 457undead
Well the two main bands playing are the Smashing Pumpkins and marilyn manson.

On a park bench far away then
The white section on the middles has the best sound but meh i have no idea why the diagram shows it white, media or different price? Anywho if that one isn't available then the two adjacent ones are the best. 103 if you want to enjoy with the crowd and a closer performance, careful with the tinnitus .
Quote by chookiecookie
Go penis them

hard
Last edited by NecroComet at Apr 6, 2015,
I would go with front of 206 or 202. I don't wanna be right next to the speakers, or in the very very very front because depending on the venue I would have to crane my neck the whole time, or on the lawn because I don't wanna deal with bugs and mud and stuff
cat
Yeah haha. I'd go for that white section in the middle if I was you. I'm 6'3 and if right at the front I'm blocking quite a few people's view. Middle is good, unless you want to mosh, then go to the front
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
just as Julia implied I am stunned that people able to profit $7172 in 1 month on the internet . try this >>>>.....<<<<.....www.FOX81.com
Ahem, who is this Julia?

And is she single?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Ahem, who is this Julia?

And is she single?

I'm assuming Julia is some kind of cam girl considering she profited over 7 grand in a month so I assume she is single or puts out at the least.
On you knees, blowing every single guy you can reach, just like ur mom
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Page 1 of 2