So my band and I had a practice session yesterday. We have a very important gig on thursday, so it was a long session. I got really into it and at the end, I noticed a blister on my thumb (at the part where it rubs against the strings). I was actually proud of it until today, when I started practicng. I found out that it really hurts when it touches the strings (which is most of the time).

So I got a few days to get rid of it, or at least to accomplish that it doesn't hurt anymore.
It's probably be my most important gig so far and I really want it to go well, so I need your help!

Thank you, kind pit.
No part of your thumb should be touching the strings to begin with. Unless you're playing pinch harmonics.

Or finger picking. In which case, buy a thumb pick.

Or don't. Blisters are the only way to grow a callus.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 6, 2015,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
No part of your thumb should be touching the strings to begin with. Unless you're playing pinch harmonics.

Or finger picking. In which case, buy a thumb pick.

Or don't. Blisters are the only way to grow a callus.

I really don't want to get into debates about technique, this one is fine and works for me. And a few days is really not enough time to alter it anyway.

The point of this post is to get to know about how to treat a blister in time.

Here is another random picture from the internet just so you can get a picture of where it's at so you know what I'm talking about.
http://speedpicking.com/images/illustration_picking_angle.jpg

It's on a side of a thumb, in area of the joint.
Quote by Flym
I really don't want to get into debates about technique, this one is fine and works for me. And a few days is really not enough time to alter it anyway.

The point of this post is to get to know about how to treat a blister in time.

Here is another random picture from the internet just so you can get a picture of where it's at so you know what I'm talking about.
http://speedpicking.com/images/illustration_picking_angle.jpg

It's on a side of a thumb, in area of the joint.
I wasn't suggesting doing either. Whatever works for you. My only point was that it seems uncommon, but maybe that's just me.

My suggestion still stands. The more you try to avoid it, the longer the callus takes to grow.

Or maybe just put on a bandaid for the gig and take it off when you're done.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
My only point was that it seems uncommon, but maybe that's just me.

Yep cause it is pretty common.
serious answer: pop it with a pin, squeeze the pus out, then wrap a plaster around it tightly for a few hours, then take the plaster off, wash your hands with normal soap and water and then you should be fine. might itch a little but then if you have some antiseptic cream about put that on. if you can get 'germolene' which is antiseptic cream and local anaesthetic then that's even better.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by So-Cal
wrap your thumb in electrical tape

electrical tape was the bandaid of my childhood would recommend
About an hour before you need to play, prick it with a pin and drain it carefully (you want as little air as possible to get inside), then brush super glue over it and a bit of the surrounding area for the gig.

It'll get you by.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by metal4eva_22
Put super glue over it.
This.

But pop it/bite it and open it before doing that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
This.

But pop it/bite it and open it before doing that.

Yes, because you should always invite as much infection into an open sore as possible...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Yes, because you should always invite as much infection into an open sore as possible...

how else you gonna bulk your immune system brah