More like Large HARDON Collider!!!

I figured that joke needed to be made if it hasn't already.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Not gonna lie, I had read that the first time then I caught my mistake and was about to post it but then you said it in the OP so now I don't know what to say.

I don't know what a hadron collider is tho.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
ur mum is a large hardon collider lmao
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I don't know what a hadron collider is tho.

I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure it makes like little baby particles go WWHHHOOOOOOSSSHHHHH and others go WWHHHOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH and then they bop into each other and that's when science happens.
Quote by snipelfritz
I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure it makes like little baby particles go WWHHHOOOOOOSSSHHHHH and others go WWHHHOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH and then they bop into each other and that's when science happens.

ehh... close enough.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I think this joke was made in 2007

I hoped so...I'm just trying to keep our bases covered as a society.

Somebody has to look out for the entirety of civilization.
Quote by snipelfritz

*bop*
superman is killing himself tonight
Yeah, I thought about "boop," but they were equally cute. "Bop" just sort of flowed better.

But really, babby, you nailed the important part of that post.
I like to think Baby Joel was getting better while he was gone as well.

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) was a massive circular tunnel built under ground in order to discover some subatomic particles that were supposedly responsible for starting the "Big Bang"and that are also make up antimatter.

Guess what!? Their experiment proved nothing! What a surprise; their findings were as fictitious as the Big Bang itself....

Yeh I never got that. Like even if they did make those particles or whatever how would they know it's the big bang? We don't really know what happened during the big bang(and if it even did happen). We'd have to actually experience one to be able to study it.
No, that's not the point. The point was to provide new insight so we can improve our understanding of physics. Because under the current model of quantum physics, there are still a lot of things that we have trouble explaining.
Quote by JESUSFREA343
The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) was a massive circular tunnel built under ground in order to discover some subatomic particles that were supposedly responsible for starting the "Big Bang"and that are also make up antimatter.

Guess what!? Their experiment proved nothing! What a surprise; their findings were as fictitious as the Big Bang itself....

it's funny because you have no idea what you're talking about.
Quote by GoldenGuitar
No, that's not the point. The point was to provide new insight so we can improve our understanding of physics. Because under the current model of quantum physics, there are still a lot of things that we have trouble explaining.

this is what it was built for. The entire thing wasn't solely devoted to finding antimatter.

EDIT: \/ that
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Apr 6, 2015,
The predominant theory in quantum/particle physics is the Standard Model, which not only successfully predicted the existence of quarks (which make up protons and neutrons, etc.) but other particles which have more or less fit into place where they were expected to as well.

We've found all the quarks, and there are six, and now we're hunting for Bosons, which are particles believed to be responsible for imparting certain properties to matter, such as mass.

The two biggest mysteries in particle physics, as far as I'm aware, are the nature of dark matter and the existence (or lack thereof) of a "gravity particle."

Electricity has a carrier particle, the photon. You see it every time there is lightning. All known forces have carrier particles, too, EXCEPT gravity.

If a gravity particle, or graviton is detected then whole branches of theoretical physics will be proven untrue, and a lot of people's lifes' work will be mothballed, much like the aether theory (pre-Relativity theory of space and time).

One exciting possibility, though, is we may discover evidence of something called super-symmetry, which largely explains dark matter and antimatter. It's popular in that it is the simplest explanation, and therefore satisfies Occam's Razor. Unfortunately for super-symmetry, though, the masses of the expected particles appear to be far larger than predicted.

Several competing "theories of everything" could be made or broken soon. The dream of Einstein may be realized in a handful of months.
such much nerd. I hope we end up finding one of those things and creating a blackhole or creat an explosion that turns the earth into a pulsar or w/e
My Current Gear
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Cherry Burst) || Gibson Les Paul Junior (Vintage Sunburst)
Marshall 1987X and 1960AX || Weber Mass 100
Fulltone OCD pedal || Ibanez TS-9 tube screamer || Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker || Boss AC2
Last edited by HenryB at Apr 6, 2015,
One of those high profile jobs that actually sucks really bad. Do you want to wear a hard hat all day? And be stuck underground swapping out capacitors on the "D-Ring" or crap like that?

This is great stuff to read about after the fact, but I'm sure glad I chose a different path in life then engineering/science.
Quote by snipelfritz
Yeah, I thought about "boop," but they were equally cute. "Bop" just sort of flowed better.

I'll bop you in your yiffing nose tbh
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by snipelfritz
I like to think Baby Joel was getting better while he was gone as well.

i was doing not well at all, but i am getting better for whatever reason
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by HenryB

damn, i was gonna post this

this actually happened the other day, top stuff from bbc
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Wormholes
such much nerd. I hope we end up finding one of those things and creating a blackhole or creat an explosion that turns the earth into a pulsar or w/e

This is the prophecy of the real rain washing away all the nerds, etc.
Quote by snipelfritz

And Earth implodes
bonerz
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug