I have been offered 50% off on this guitar. Guitar(godin redline hb) costs 500usd. Seller is selling it to me for 250usd. But it has scratches on it. Seller is genuine so i think that all the electronics are in good condition. I cannot afford a new 500$ guitar. So if i dont take this i will probably have to go with a 250-300$ guitar. Please help me out.
Attachments:
IMG_20150406_174109363__1428341923_85421.jpg
Last edited by gorakhvinit at Apr 6, 2015,
Do you have more pictures?

If the issues are just cosmetic (as in no electronic or structural damage) then 200-250 bucks is a decent price for a Redline HB. I would try the guitar out before you commit to buying it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
$250 for a used Redline HB with cosmetic issues is fair. They're good axes.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Ok thanks for all the advice. Anything else I need to know?
Last edited by gorakhvinit at Apr 7, 2015,
That cosmetic damage looks like a knob is broken off - there's no shaft left sticking up. Have you played this?

There are several threads about what to look into for a used guitar. Read them and take them to heart. Try to separate the emotion from your purchase.

You'll really need to make sure everything else is good to go on this one and I'd open it up and see if there is any internal damage in the cavity especially cracks around the broken knob. Those knob routes are the thinnest part of the body.

Check the neck to body joint very carefully as well.

If the deal is too good to be true, it probably is, especially at what looks like a pawn shop.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
what knob is broken off? I see 2 knobs and a 5 way switch.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by metalmingee
That cosmetic damage looks like a knob is broken off - there's no shaft left sticking up. Have you played this?

90% sure you're looking at one of the screws on the pickup switch...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
90% sure you're looking at one of the screws on the pickup switch...

100% sure that's what it is.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Ah, maybe it is. That's an odd place for that much damage. All the way around that screw hole, unless the screw hole itself is what's jacked up.

Regardless, put your hands on it and make sure you know what you're getting yourself into. The resale market may be limited especially if you find other "undocumented features".
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Ok. I will get a hands on if possible. If not, I will let it go and look for some other guitar (probably new)
Last edited by gorakhvinit at Apr 7, 2015,
I just bought a redline 3 2 weeks ago, What is the difference between redline 3 and HB?
The Redline 3 has EMGs and a Tremolo, the HB is a hardtail with hot passives.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Man you know, I been playing guitar since I was a kid. Stopped for many years ad went into production. Just picked up the guitar more serious in the last 2 years and even more serious the last 6 months and I realise I have a lot to learn compare to some of you guys on here!!!

Hard tailand hot passives went way over my head.. so so shameful lol
Hardtail means that it doesn't have a tremolo/whammy bar.

Pickups can be passive or active. Active pickups have battery-powered electromagnets to create the magnetic fields that pick up the string vibrations that get translated into sound by your amp.

Passive pickups use more traditional magnets to do that job. When someone says a pickup is "hot", they mean that they have a very high output

So a hot passive pickup would be one that uses a high output traditional magnet. Along with active pickups, they're highly favored by guitarists in more aggressive genres of rock.

I was wondering why my guitar had a battery. How will I know if its active or not. I guess when you say more aggressive genres you mean Metal.