Hey guys, I've recently bought a Yamaha thr10x amp and lately I'm noticing some problems in it.
The thing is when I play at high volumes the amp tends to vibrate really hard and start making vibration noises.
This happens only in the 3 lower strings and gets higher as I turn the bass up or hall reverb.
I've tried to put some batteries in thinking the vibration was coming from the springs but nothing changed.

Is this normal? Has anyone had the problem? Any ideas how to solve it?
Last edited by Nickbely at Apr 6, 2015,
If it isn't sitting on a perfectly flat surface, which is also sitting on a perfectly flat floor, of course it is going to vibrate. In fact, even then it still will, it is just a matter of how loud you have to turn it up to notice it. Otherwise, just try to tighten all of the screws.
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Quote by 2Crosser
If it isn't sitting on a perfectly flat surface, which is also sitting on a perfectly flat floor, of course it is going to vibrate. In fact, even then it still will, it is just a matter of how loud you have to turn it up to notice it. Otherwise, just try to tighten all of the screws.

But does your rattle too?
It does a little bit, yeah, but only in cold weather. I always wanna tighten the screws on it, but the cold weather never lasts long enough for me to get my hands to it. Then the warm weather never lasts long enough for me to forget about it. Welcome to Melbourne

Look, until it starts sounding bad from the speaker, if you're following the instructions in the manual, it isn't really something to be afraid of.

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by 2Crosser
Look, until it starts sounding bad from the speaker, if you're following the instructions in the manual, it isn't really something to be afraid of.
It's not good for the sound if it vibrates though.
If the cab (in this case the amp since the amp's a combo) is vibrating then the speakers can't be accurately reproducing what they're supposed to.

TS, put something relatively heavy over that amp.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by 2Crosser
It does a little bit, yeah, but only in cold weather. I always wanna tighten the screws on it, but the cold weather never lasts long enough for me to get my hands to it. Then the warm weather never lasts long enough for me to forget about it. Welcome to Melbourne

Its not like I'm afraid of something it just makes me mad trying to remove this noise and I'm unsure if my unit is damaged inside.
^all I was saying is that your unit is fine.

Luca, it's more of an internal vibration than the whole thing. It's more of a ‘rattle' than a vibration, and I haven't noticed it sounding bad so far, at all. It only happens to me below 20°, so I have no idea what causes it.

Should still try to tighten the screws though, Nick. It can't hurt unless you put too much pressure, and even then...

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by 2Crosser
^all I was saying is that your unit is fine.

Luca, it's more of an internal vibration than the whole thing. It's more of a ‘rattle' than a vibration, and I haven't noticed it sounding bad so far, at all. It only happens to me below 20°, so I have no idea what causes it.

Should still try to tighten the screws though, Nick. It can't hurt unless you put too much pressure, and even then...

I've done it, no difference.
Just to be clear at what value do you set your guitar output so that you cant hear the rattle? Choose one of the presets you sent me to try this please
Preset 616, I can't hear the rattle below 10:30 o'clock. It's got more to do with the bass frequencies methinks. I read somewhere that colder air transmits more bass. If I turn on my ducted heating, I can't hear it, so it has to be a plastic component, as metal shouldn't be able to expand and contract this quickly. It isn't really that annoying though, as for me, it isn't consistent and only happens sometimes when I sustain bassier notes.

Quote by Offworld92