Is there a way to directly input the audio from the amp to the audio recording software on my compute? like plug in my guitar, plug the other end to the amp, chose the settings i like,plus an aux cord or something to my amp , then the other end to the computer? i currently have mix craft but dont like the onboard effects and like the effects on my actual amp. I just wanna record the noise out of my amp.
If your amp has a headphones output you can, though it will not sound good.

You should read the introduction to recording sticky.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
It literally says record out on the headphone out jack lol.

The only question is whether or not it is an emulated line out, which means speaker emulation. I can assume it is, although if it sounds really fizzy and distorted you may need to add cabinet simulation in your daw.

You will also want an interface to use rather than the line in on your computer. They range from dirt cheap to very expensive depending on your needs.

Any other questions and you will want to poke around the stickies and use the search bar.
(signature removed, please choose another)
Don't the Vypir's (sp?) have usb out?

If not - headphone out into line in on your PC. Might need ASIO4ALL drivers for your audio card and some kind of recording software like say Audacity.
Last edited by diabolical at Apr 7, 2015,
Diabolical, I have a Vypyr 30w, I think the USB out start on either a newer revision of the amps, or else on the 60w models, I forget
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by HeretiK538
Diabolical, I have a Vypyr 30w, I think the USB out start on either a newer revision of the amps, or else on the 60w models, I forget

If he doesn't have the USB output, he needs an interface.

He's already been directed to the stickies in this and his other thread on the same subject, but if he wants to use a hammer to tighten a screw....
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud