Hey guys,

I need some opinions...

I have a Zacky V 6661 Signature model that I absolutely love. I own a few other guitars but none of them feel and play as good as the ZV model.

Here's my question. Is it douchey to use that guitar when playing live shows? Part of me thinks it looks like I'm trying to be Avenged Sevenfold or compare myself to those guitarists. But the other part feels it's okay to pay homage to a great band.

What if I changed the 6661 logo to be something my own. That way I can use the awesome specs of the guitar but have it personalized to fit me.

Any and all opinions welcomed, thanks!
Sounds like you need a new amp
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Just owning it is douchey enough. How much worse could it be to gig with it?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Jake Martin
Hey guys,

I need some opinions...

I have a Zacky V 6661 Signature model

my opinion is that you should burn that guitar and never lay hands on another one ever again
Cover it in stickers so you can smash the system with it. It can't get lamer, after all.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
you're gonna get a lot of biased answers here since i don't think anyone in the Pit likes A7X, buuuuuuuut...

Quote by chrismendiola
Who cares, really?

do you, man. just have fun.
It is kind of douchy to play guitars that are that conspicuous, and the Zacky V one is particularly douchy. But this is coming from someone who is a guitar player. Most people won't know even know what a signature guitar is if you ask them.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 6, 2015,
just looked up the guitar, that number on the end is super ugly, don't know why that would even be put there.

I think playing signature guitars on stage, obvious signature ones anyway, looks pretty bad.

at most you are allowed a t-shirt of another band and it has to be something reasonably obscure for credibility, k?

edit: I mean, if you cover up the 6661 crap, the guitar looks okay enough to use onstage if you're on the amateur side still.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I was going to say signatures are fine and you shouldn't worry but then I looked up the guitar. Good lord man that's hideous.

My favourite signatures are the ones that don't scream signature, like the Music Man JP models (besides the majesty, bleh). I still prefer not having a signature though even if it's just a solid finish, feels more like it's "my" guitar.
West Ham United
For awhile I thought you had teh Zakk Wylde guitar.

That would've been much better.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
put a i love beiber sticker over the numbers, will be an improvement. Guitar looks ok to me other than the stupid numbers
Nah, playing a gig with a sig guitar isn't tacky or douchey. But that guitar kind of is lmao.

Its all the skulls that kill it for me. But you do you man.

People will probably judge you against them though, as they are an obvious influence on you.

Also, if you like it and it sounds good, who cares anyway? Just use it.
(signature removed, please choose another)
instead of playing with signature models, you should play with supermodels
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
that model is particularly ugly.

But every now and again you spot a famous musician playing someone elses signature model

So why can't you
ayy lmao
I've played live with my PGM many times and people would compliment me all the time on it.
Check out my band Disturbed
Lets just put it this way: Touring bands/any serious musicians will make fun of you behind your back for playing that guitar. Signature models are stupid and probably shouldn't exist but thats my personal opinion. Whether it's a James Hetfield, Zakk Wylde, or one of those A7X guys, you look like an idiot playing someone elses guitar on stage
Quote by octopig
Lets just put it this way: Touring bands/any serious musicians will make fun of you behind your back for playing that guitar. Signature models are stupid and probably shouldn't exist but thats my personal opinion. Whether it's a James Hetfield, Zakk Wylde, or one of those A7X guys, you look like an idiot playing someone elses guitar on stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP9Jads-o8s
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Baby Joel
instead of playing with signature models, you should play with supermodels

hot

Do what you want, no one is gonna care other than guitar nerds that hate a7x.

At least it's not that ugly Synyster Gates Schecter
Quote by octopig

Any serious musician won't, unless they are also a twat. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
Quote by octopig

Let's put it this way: Only an immature and/or insecure musician will make fun of another musician's make and model of the instrument they play. There are lots of reasons people play what they play. Perhaps with some time, perspective and wisdom you'll understand this and realize how dumb it is to care.
The only Sigs I would ever consider bringing on stage are a John Petrucci (Not the new ones though, they look like tacky inflatable toys), the Buckethead Les Paul, or a Guthrie Govan sig (they don't really look like signature guitars, and they sound beautiful). Generally speaking, anything with overdone designs that make it very obviously a signature model, are just cheesy. While Syn takes the cake of tackiest sig, the Zacky one isn't too far behind. I'd say just cover up the sticker, and no one would be the wiser.
But that's just me, as others have said, if you don't particularly care that it's a sig, then you don't need to worry, I doubt anyone will start calling you names or anything
Last edited by Jimjambanx at Apr 7, 2015,
Just use whatever you want to use.I wouldn't know that was a his signature guitar as i dont listen or care for a7x as will some other folk wont know thats his signature guitar.

On a blunt side its butt ****ing ugly and tacky as hell looking but its whatever you like.
Quote by octopig

Those 'serious musicians' you speak of are not being very professional if they actually make fun of you for playing a sig guitar.

And there are many sig guitars out there that don't look conspicuous to the fact that they're signature too. The EBMM JP6. The Epiphone Matt Heafy LP Custom etc. Those are the kind of signature guitars that companies should be designing.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
1. Break off the headstock
2. Sharpen it with a knive
3. Glue it on a stand
4. Impale yourself on it

For better results decapitate your mother with a machete and castrate your father with a hammer to ensure theydon't procreate.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
The numbers on it make it look ugly as ****.
Other than that, its not a bad looking guitar.
Cover that sticker up and go for it.
Other than that, if playing signature gear bothers you, go buy set of drums instead.
I think if it's the signature guitar has a modest and subtle design then it's fine. A fair few musicians use the John Petrucci signature models for example, but his designs are a lot more subtle and less faggy so it's fine. That Zacky V model, however, is a bit on the outrageous side, but I still think it's fine. The Synyster Gates model on the other hand... Please never use that.
Ok, just looked up the guitar...

You'll be fine because of the following ad copy:

"Rosewood Fingerboard
The most common fretboard, rosewood is naturally oily, and works well for any surface that sees frequent human contact. The sound is richer in fundamental than maple because the stray overtones are absorbed into the oily pores."

I figure if you've got a guitar that magically absorbs "stray overtones" not much else matters!

I note as a bonus that it also says "With 6661 graphics and ZV switchblade 12th fret inlay on the rosewood fingerboard this Schecter guitar delivers Zacky-style riffs." which tells me you don't even really have to play it, just hold it.

Of course if you want it to play anything else you might be screwed...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
^ what if he's playing more subtle stuff and the guitar literally goes NO I WILL DELIVER ZACKY STYLE RIFFS. Sounds like an AI guitar, don't use that!

seriously though, if you like it it shouldn't matter. (Although why the numbers are on it I do not know)
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
^ (Although why the numbers are on it I do not know)

From what I've read, it's an upside down 1999, the year A7X was founded. It's also claimed that it means "666" (the devil) "1" (won), which seems pretty stupid.

Maybe it's supposed to be 666-1, the address of the basement apartment the devil rents out to poor college kids?
Charles Darwin
put some duct tape on it if it bothers you that much, a giant red star on it or a upside down american flag for butthurt from ppl like arby
KIFFLOM
Used to play with the Dimebag sig.

Fact is no one was really listening to me anyway, so who cares?
Quote by sonic_hippy
put some duct tape on it if it bothers you that much, a giant red star on it or a upside down american flag for butthurt from ppl like arby

He won't get butthurt from me, I reserve that for you darlin'...
Charles Darwin
I've got an Airline the same shape and colour as the one Jack White used in The White Stripes. I bought it when I was 13 and a mega-fanboy. It's a great guitar but I only ever use it for studio use simply because I don't want to be looked at as a Jack White knock-off when playing live.
There is a hierarchy in music:

0.00001% Rich, successful musicians
4-5% Professionals of some kind or another (local used car ads, Bar Mitzvah's..)
94.9999% The rest of us

For the vast majority of us it doesn't matter one stinking bit. Never will.

Relax.
Quote by Enteroctopus
There is a hierarchy in music:

4-5% Professionals of some kind or another (local used car ads, Bar Mitzvah's..)

For the vast majority of us it doesn't matter one stinking bit. Never will.

Relax.

fuk u honky

I opened for national bands wheres my percentage!? I DEMAND TO BE THE 69% CUZ ITS LEWD AND IMMATURE NUMBER!