Nastolgia Critic got 89k on indiegogo to start a show, then ripped everyone off

So theres a guy called the Nastolgia Critic who owns a community of content creators called that guy with the glasses (changed their name to channel awesome now), which some big youtubers came from like AVGN, angry joe, amazing athiest, spoony, etc.

Well 2 years ago they started an indiegogo campaign to start a new show up, and it raised 89k.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/channel-awesome-s-new-shows-and-more

This is what they came up with....

Backers of the indiegogo got pretty cool prizes like:
$2,000 you can watch them film an episode.
$3,500 you can eat lunch with them.
$6,500 you can show up in an episode.
You have to pay for your own expenses such as traveling and lodging.

50K was suppose to be for a pop quiz show.

They just air'd the first episode a few days ago and this is what it looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klPkGfHAxqU
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Apr 7, 2015,
Good. If people are willing to pay up for a show from a whiny and unfunny manchild they deserve to be ripped off. Hell, everyone who supports projects on indiegogo and kickstarter should be ripped off
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
So did Anita Sarkeesian but no one cares

Quote by Ometh
Good. If people are willing to pay up for a show from a whiny and unfunny manchild they deserve to be ripped off. Hell, everyone who supports projects on indiegogo and kickstarter should be ripped off

I backed for a game called Pillars of Eternity on Kickstarter and it has turned out to be a marvellous wonderful experience

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
"Nastolgia Critic got 89k on indiegogo to start a show, then ripped everyone off"
"Almost a million dollars produced this."

There's a gap of information between these two statements
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Stopped reading at first paragraph:

What is Channel Awesome? Well, it's awesome, for one thing. And it's a channel! Actually, it's not a channel. It's more of a website... type... thing. You know what? Just focus on the awesome part!

I woulda rec'd not blindly making that investment for, $100/hr consulting bill, so like $0.03.
Quote by I.O.T.M
"Nastolgia Critic got 89k on indiegogo to start a show, then ripped everyone off"
"Almost a million dollars produced this."

There's a gap of information between these two statements

****. For some reason I thought another 0. It's late.
Nostalgia critic is one of those names I've heard but never bothered to find out what they are. Probably never will
Nostalgia Critic and AVGN are the only people there that are worth watching.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
Now that I look at the indiegogo again I realize only 50k of the 90k they had was for the pop quiz show.

So you edited your original post read that a half a million dollars instead of a million dollars went into producing the show????

Half a million is $500k, they raised $50k, that leaves a difference of $450k. Where did the $450k come from to make up the half a million used to produce the show???

Or did they make the show on a budget of fifty thousand dollars?

Stay in school kids.
Si
Quote by Ometh

Well that's probably the dumbest thing i've read in a while, and I post on an Xbox forum full of insufferable Microsoft fanboys.

There have been a lot of great successful kickstarters and indiegogos
Backing on kickstarter or indiegogo has its risks. If you don't want to risk your money then don't contribute. I fail to understand why everyone always gets their panties in a wad every time this happens.

I like the nostalgia critic, but I had no idea his channel was that big. The quality of his vids made me think it was just a 'me and a few friends putting our own money into this for fun' type of thing. The fact hat he got any amount of money on indiegogo is impressive.

This guy makes a crappy game show with under 100k. Meanwhile, Zach Braff raises over 3 million and makes a good movie.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Apr 7, 2015,
I watched the NC years ago, but then he started incorporating his cringey-ass friends and I couldn't handle it. Not surprised this show is garbage, though.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Nostalgia Critic and AVGN are the only people there that are worth watching.

I only watched like one or two NC episodes and I though they were cringeworthy. I used to love AVGN when i was like 15 years old, but the newer stuff is terrible and James has become a moneywhore. The oldest episodes haven't aged well at all aswell
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by jugglingfreak
She's still making vids..

Yep. She just released one of the kickstarter videos she promised. She's almost half-way to what she promised!
Quote by jugglingfreak
She's still making vids..

At the rate of like, 1 a year. At this rate her 2012 Kickstarter will be complete by 2021 lol.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Ometh
I only watched like one or two NC episodes and I though they were cringeworthy. I used to love AVGN when i was like 15 years old, but the newer stuff is terrible and James has become a moneywhore. The oldest episodes haven't aged well at all aswell

Yeah NC is pretty cringe. He reminds me of those akward kids who act over enthusiastic and overreact to shit to be funny, and the scripting's pretty cringe.

I watched the cinema snob a bunch for a while though, but he's pretty sad in this gameshow.

Quote by 20Tigers
So you edited your original post read that a half a million dollars instead of a million dollars went into producing the show????

Half a million is $500k, they raised $50k, that leaves a difference of $450k. Where did the $450k come from to make up the half a million used to produce the show???

Or did they make the show on a budget of fifty thousand dollars?

Stay in school kids.

i typed this really late, I fixed that lol. For some reason in my mind I moved the 0 over one.
There's a civil war in Sri Lanka where the Sikhs are killing all the Israelis and you're worried about a dopey internet show.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I quite like Todd in the Shadows on that site. Don't always agree with him, but he's fine.

The worst is that film review guy. Forget his name, but he's blonde and English, and always ends his sentences like thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.
Quote by ErikLensherr
There's a civil war in Sri Lanka where the Sikhs are killing all the Israelis and you're worried about a dopey internet show.

A name I recognized did something I thought was interesting and worth sharing, so I posted it on a guitar board. You're acting like I'm bringing this up with the UN. I hate to break it to you, but the pit is far from the UN.
uh oh

#shotsfired
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by ErikLensherr

Teach those Jews what for!
ugh, big youtubers
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
i remember back in 08 watching the nostalgia critic tear apart those old batman and mortal kombat movies thinking it was the funniest thing

i tried giving those same vids a watch a while back and they were cringy a.f. it's kinda ironic if you think about it

The real joke is that people actually spent thousands funding a dumb youtube channel.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
The real joke is that people actually spent thousands funding a dumb youtube channel.

It was either that, or anime pillows.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Anita Sarkeesian actually makes some really good points.
i didnt know that guy was still around. unfunny af tho

Quote by EndTheRapture51

no every anti feminist dork cared bc they always use it as a reason why she should be raped or killed
I cannot stand a great number of youtube bloggers. Some of the most obvious pandering and rampant egotism I've ever seen. It really makes me scratch my head how the vast number of viewers aren't tired of them.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
nostalgia crittic and friends < mst3k fact
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by WaterGod
Anita Sarkeesian actually makes some really good points.

Her videos revolve around the point that "In short, the more you think you cannot be affected, the more likely you are to be affected." which I'm 100% sure is a lie and has no factual basis to it.

I'm 100% sure that I am not affected by UKIPs media campaigns for example, but that hasn't stealthily turned me into someone who hates the EU.