Is it OK to stick your electric guitar under the shower while you wipe it down then dry it off with a dry cloth? I mean fully shower it down

Asking coz mine gets a bit dandruffy and oily and if I were to clean it I'd just stick it in the shower
Last edited by percydw at Apr 7, 2015,
It's not the best idea. Simply because it's wood and therefore there's a high probability of warping if water can get past the sealant. Not to mention the electronics.
"2,000,000 NPS Whores" club.
Appreciating the beauty of music so fast it blows puny mortal's faces off.
Bow down to teh Shredzor!
PM La Qotsa if you want to join. No emotion? Pah!
Just throw it in a lake
Quote by Cathbard
You, my man, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Quote by Knarrenheino
You hold your guitar upwards from your lap like an erect phallus and tell me I have problems?
After showering be sure to moisturize.

Soaking the guitar in a tub of motor oil is good. See your owners manual for recommended oil grade and changing interval.

If available use a quality synthetic motor oil. Be sure to change the guitar oil filter. You can't go wrong with OEM parts.
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. This is my religion." -- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by Virgman at Apr 7, 2015,
Quote by percydw
well i was going to use shampoo

I have no idea if you're joking or not but I'll treat you seriously for now.

No. This is a terrible idea. Wood is what is called a hygroscopic material, this means it absorbs water from the air around it, and will also dry out in drier climates. So if you put it in the shower there is an incredibly high chance that it will absorb water, expand as it does so, and become damaged; either by parts warping or by parts becoming wet and losing the strength they need to handle the tension of the strings. There are also the electronics to think about, where they could become wet, not dry out properly before you use it again, and short out, frying some part of the workings of the pickups.

If you want to clean your guitar then do it properly, read this: http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/19960-guitar-shop-101-safe-ways-to-clean-your-guitars-finish and take note of what it says about finishes and such. Don't just go spraying your guitar with whatever is close to hand and don't just dunk it in water.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
TS is an ass
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.