Page 1 of 7
Alright, the moment everyone's been waiting for. The actual tournament.

Same as before. Three stock, eight minutes, best two of three. Stages come from Evo:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Town & City
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Omega stages

No customs, no miis, no items.

Post back with your match results.

Previous thread for NNIDs and Skype IDs

Link to bracket: http://challonge.com/ugsmash

shoutouts to Nash for handling the brackets

I will update this post as the tournament progresses.

A: stratkat vs metaldud

B: muffinduck vs fisheth

C: dukederox vs institutions

D: diminishedfifth vs yellowfrizbee

E: nash vs metaldud

F: guitargod vs muffinduck

G: rockford vs duke

H: jay vs diminishedfifth

I: nash vs guitargod

J: rockford vs jay

K: nash vs rockford

L: K vs W

M: L vs L

Loser's bracket:

N: diminishedfifth vs stratkat

O: duke vs fisheth

P: muffinduck vs institutions

Q: metaldud vs yellowfrizbee

R: diminishedfifth vs duke

S: muffinduck vs metaldud

T: guitargod vs diminishedfifth

U: jay vs muffinduck

V: diminishedfifth vs jay

W: -K vs V

This tournament isn't running on a weekly basis, it's running on a "get your shit done as fast as possible basis" so if you take too long you will be penalized. nobody wants to wait.

let's do this.
>tfw total scrub and getting a bye

Oh well. Just in case, I can't play tonight, but I can tomorrow after 6 EST to about 9. Should be the same times for the rest of the week. Can't this Saturday, but I should be more or less free on Sunday.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by muffinduck01
>tfw total scrub and getting a bye

Actually, tournaments that run with a number that isn't a power of 2 (4, 8, 16, 32 etc) are kind of screwy. if you didn't get a bye first round and you win your first game, you can still feasibly get a "last place" tie.

For example, if we look at the bracket, you getting an auto advance over fisheth means you have to play guitargod92. If you lose (as you would be the loser of set F) you would then have to play the loser of Duke De Rox and institutions. If you were to lose a second time to this opponent you will tie with all the others who went 0-2, despite the fact your record is 1-2.

Byes suck cuz they totally screw up the first round in a big, big way.

EDIT: While you may see this and think that it's actually advantageous to lose the first round due to the fact that people who go L-W-L have a better record than those who go W-L-L, the saving grace is that your first win means a lot for seeding, and you will have a high seed going into the losers bracket. This means a potentially easier losers round 1.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Apr 7, 2015,
Quote by metaldud536
So when can we play Stratkat?

I was on a 3 day bender, tomorrow anytime. Free all weekend.
Almost forgot. If it lags too badly, I'll suicide/forfeit.
Quote by institutions
3-1 first round, 1-3 second, 1-3 third

duke won.
gg man i got a little tense hehe

Twas a great match and suuuppperrr tense Video was made last night but I'm having internet problems so I'll hafta wait on the upload.

Rockford, lemme know when it's a good time. I know you said this week was busy so whenevs.
Quote by stratkat
I was on a 3 day bender, tomorrow anytime. Free all weekend.
Almost forgot. If it lags too badly, I'll suicide/forfeit.

Ok How about 4-5pm EST tomorrow?
Yo Duke you wanna just get our matches done? I have the whole day off and am free until like 8 pm EST
around to play, metaldud536?
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by stratkat
Internet won't be up to snuff, I forfeit.

I'm just gonna disqualify you because you've forfeited both matches so far and I don't expect anything to change in the future.

Edit: gonna disqualify Fisheth as well since he hasn't checked in all week and we could get things done quicker if we weren't waiting on flakes.
kk do you have skype? will be easier to do picks and bans and stuff
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
guess that works lmao. I've got a room up.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Yo Duke you wanna just get our matches done? I have the whole day off and am free until like 8 pm EST

I will be free in 2 hours but I think you'll be busy by then I'll be up late tonight in case you get free
Sestra, I'm free the rest of tonight until about 10 EST, and I should be able to squeeze in our matches anytime tomorrow until about 10 as well. Let me know when you get some time to play.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by Siv During Livh

Haha sorry man
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by DukeDeRox
I will be free in 2 hours but I think you'll be busy by then I'll be up late tonight in case you get free

I was free but also very drunk

I should have plenty of time to play during the week
I'd rather play against you at your best it's okay, I should have a lot of free time as well
Quote by GuitarGod_92
im ready if you're around muffin

Sorry, I totally spaced and forgot I made dinner plans with my family tonight. Tomorrow for sure.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by Siv During Livh

Btw stage setup should be like this:

Starters (round 1):
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpicks (rounds 2 and 3):
Town & City
Delfino
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Omega Forms of FD
Lylat
Castle Siege

The winning player of each round gets to ban two stages that are banned from the rest of the set. The losing player then selects a stage based on what remains. Kinda why I wanted the skype group to make this communication easier but I guess we'll just deal with it. Oh, and you can go back to the starters at anytime so long as they haven't been banned, you don't HAVE to go to a counterpick stage.

Not sure if we should use DSR, but for now for diversity's sake we'll say it's in effect. You can't go back to the last stage you won on unless your opponent agrees.