Hi! My guitar is an ESP- Horizon nt-2. I have the problem that the low E-string is always buzzing, only when i play it open. It is almost no fret buzz any other place on the guitar.
The only way to make it go away is to raise the action up like crazy, which makes it impossible to play.
Any idea what may be the cause?
Quote by Usernames sucks

Probably the low E slot on the nut is too deep.
If it only buzzes when you play it open, then it is probably the nut that is not filled correctly.

Anyway, check the neck relief.
Quote by Usernames sucks
Hi! My guitar is an ESP- Horizon nt-2. I have the problem that the low E-string is always buzzing, only when i play it open. It is almost no fret buzz any other place on the guitar.
The only way to make it go away is to raise the action up like crazy, which makes it impossible to play.

Sounds like the nut slot is a bit low from what your describing.

Take it to a tech and have them fit a new nut, or do it yourself if you have the nut files.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by DanyFS
If it only buzzes when you play it open, then it is probably the nut that is not filled correctly.

Yeah, tighten the truss rod a bit.
Quote by DanyFS

What about the OP's issue suggests that the neck relief/truss rod adjustment might do anything?